[Help Me!!] Silicone between glass removal

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried a razor blade behind it to remove this piece but their isn't enough room to slice far enough for removal. Anyone can think of a way to remove this glass piece without damaging the outer glass?

15150720107_b2b34dfb5e_c.jpg

ygon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You could try heating it from the back. They also sell a silicone remover at Home Depot that will dissolve it. I cant remember what its called but if you ask for it they should know. It's usually around the paint area.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try some braided fishing line like power pro. Get it in the gap and pull forward. Should cut through fairly easily. If not try "sawing" back and forth with it a bit.

OP
OP
Marquiseo

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try heating it from the back. They also sell a silicone remover at Home Depot that will dissolve it. I cant remember what its called but if you ask for it they should know. It's usually around the paint area.
I think silicone can withstand some extreme temperatures. Even at the proper temp, I will have damaged the glass. I saw some at lowes but its not aquarium safe and I can risk making the tank unusable. Thanks for the reply.

Try some braided fishing line like power pro. Get it in the gap and pull forward. Should cut through fairly easily. If not try "sawing" back and forth with it a bit.
I was thinking that but it is almost the same size or bigger as the tip of the razor and that can't even get through. I will try to saw more though.

OP
OP
Marquiseo

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! I have found a way. I used needle nose pliers and applied pressure on the small glass piece.

15150673679_6a296bb989_c.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 36 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back