Help needed with update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've messed this up before so I thought I would ask for some help before I mess it up again. Several months ago I changed internet provider to Frontier and now have 3 wifi routers in the house. I have had no trouble with apex fusion until recently but for about 2 weeks now it is not connecting and I'm getting the no heartbeat alerts to my phone. When I go to fusion it asks me to update to newer firmware. Of course the warnings that it has to be connected via hardwire. I dont have any modem that I know of just these 3 wireless routers.

Where my apex brain is there is a Cat5? cable plugged into a frontier router and that is connected to the apex brain... Does that count as hardwires? So I can go ahead and do this update without problems? Sorry I really suck at tech and just barely squeak by with this stuff. Also if it matters I have original black apex items, eb8 and such, not these newer orange colored pieces.

Someone please give me some guidance!

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this router has the black cable connected to this brain part. Does this mean I'm hardwired and can do the firmware update? That's really all I'm looking for here.

1000005851.jpg
1000005852.jpg

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure where you are seeing a message about updating firmware, but you can disregard that. Old firmware is not the cause of the Apex Classic suddenly being disconnected from Fusion. Besides, there hasn't been a firmware update for the old A1 series (Apex Classics) since April 2019.

Do you have a display module? If so, check the Apex to see if the Apex has a valid IP address. Press center button, press down arrow until System Setup is highlighted, press center button again to highlight IP address. Press center button one more time to view the IP address.

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure where you are seeing a message about updating firmware, but you can disregard that. Old firmware is not the cause of the Apex Classic suddenly being disconnected from Fusion. Besides, there hasn't been a firmware update for the old A1 series (Apex Classics) since April 2019.

Do you have a display module? If so, check the Apex to see if the Apex has a valid IP address. Press center button, press down arrow until System Setup is highlighted, press center button again to highlight IP address. Press center button one more time to view the IP address.
It says this. But i don't think that's right. Idk.

Attachments

• 1704830722964947857108030649296.jpg
    1704830722964947857108030649296.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also this is the message i get

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240109_164537_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240109_164537_Chrome.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any suggestions? I'm lost with this.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It says this. But i don't think that's right. Idk.

What do you see when you try and put that URL in your browser? Can you connect locally by going to the ip address using http and 192.168.1.12 ? Note that local does not use https and only http.

Also that error message says it isn't connected to fusion - maybe you have ports blocked on your home network. If you can connect using your local address of 192.168.1.12 I would wager you have to forward ip and/or port(s).

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you see when you try and put that URL in your browser? Can you connect locally by going to the ip address using http and 192.168.1.12 ? Note that local does not use https and only http.

Also that error message says it isn't connected to fusion - maybe you have ports blocked on your home network. If you can connect using your local address of 192.168.1.12 I would wager you have to forward ip and/or port(s).
I honestly have no idea about most of your response. Zero computer skills. But after i posted this i went through the hand held thing and found a reset option. It worked and I'm back in control. Thanks

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back