Help Not sure if hes dying

mrbryan809

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked him up from a friend that no longer in the hobby a week ago. hes been doing great but the past few days hes been shriveling up randomly and my father in law just sent me the pic below. Is this normal or can i do something to help him.

The only thing i did different was give it a single piece of brine.

Also i know hes part of the anemone family does anyone know the type.

2024813546911632156.jpg

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you give us a little more information about your tank? Also - please turn off the blues so we can see what it really looks like and post another picture.

Size, age, current parameters (Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Calcium, Alkalinity, Magnesium, temperature, and salinity),total flow, and perhaps most importantly, lighting. Also what type and intensity of lighting did it come from?

Anemones can be sensitive to less than perfect water quality and can be very demanding with lighting. It will move around at will until it finds a spot that suits it. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a couple weeks or longer to start looking its best.

OP
OP
mrbryan809

mrbryan809

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you give us a little more information about your tank? Also - please turn off the blues so we can see what it really looks like and post another picture.

Size, age, current parameters (Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Calcium, Alkalinity, Magnesium, temperature, and salinity),total flow, and perhaps most importantly, lighting. Also what type and intensity of lighting did it come from?

Anemones can be sensitive to less than perfect water quality and can be very demanding with lighting. It will move around at will until it finds a spot that suits it. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a couple weeks or longer to start looking its best.
He's good my wife over reacts in turn I over react

Back