Help please

mandi29221

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 3 zoas frags. I wanna remove from frag n glue on rock. When is a good time to do this. I've only had them maybe 6 days. But the plug is driving me nuts. They keep getting knocked over by hermits

Littlemikey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... I can use a razor blade and get under the zoa and glue and separate from plug. Or cut the plug end and glue the disc to rock over Time the disk will blend with the rock and you won’t ever notice it’s there. In the same time frame your zoas will have likely grown over the entire disk as well. YouTube is a great source for this as well

OP
OP
mandi29221

mandi29221

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... I can use a razor blade and get under the zoa and glue and separate from plug. Or cut the plug end and glue the disc to rock over Time the disk will blend with the rock and you won’t ever notice it’s there. In the same time frame your zoas will have likely grown over the entire disk as well. YouTube is a great source for this as well
I'm sorry. My main issue is there a such thing as to early to take them off?

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I don’t recommend this at all, they are probably still healing from the last cut. If you don’t have experience doing this, it’s a good way to kill your coral. I suggest either cutting the plug itself down to the disc, super gluing the plug into a rock hole, or stick it in the sand bed deep enough where just the zoa is showing.

This hobby takes an extreme amount of time and patience, this should be excellent practice for you. If you cut these off and damage the live animals, it will kill them. I’m pretty certain you would rather have your pretty zoa, then none at all:). This was hard for me at first also, but it’s just not worth the risk.

Littlemikey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Sara I cut to the disc and glue the disc then when the disc grows out I cut and place. But yes patience is a must in this hobby for sure.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 53 25.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 65 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back