Help Treating Fin Rot

Rconner15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I have a Kole Tang and clown in QT that appear to have fin rot. I've just completed a 10 day treatment of Kanaplex and Furan 2, and now it seems the Tang is not eating. I've read that antibiotics can be an appetite suppressant, but for how long do the affects last?

Also, will the fins grow back? How do I know these guys are good to finally put into my display tank? I've attached some images of the tang about 6 days into the treatment and one image (of just the tail, he was hiding in the rocks) the day after treatment completed.

Thank you for all help in advance!

IMG_1625.jpg IMG_1626.jpg IMG_1640.jpg IMG_1661.jpg IMG_1679.jpg

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kannaplex and furan will definitely help with that. You can also add it to the food with the addition of seachem focus. It will bind it to the food and you can work inside/out.

OP
OP
R

Rconner15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kannaplex and furan will definitely help with that. You can also add it to the food with the addition of seachem focus. It will bind it to the food and you can work inside/out.
Thanks for the tip! What about the fin damage? How long does that take to heal and grow back, if at all? What indicators should I be looking for to know the fish is healthy and ready to move to my display tank?

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has the tang displayed any other signs of distress or illness. Heavy breathing, faded color, flashing, twitching, etc?

OP
OP
R

Rconner15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has the tang displayed any other signs of distress or illness. Heavy breathing, faded color, flashing, twitching, etc?
I was able to get some better photos. Are there any indications that the fins are healing?

IMG_1737.jpg IMG_1738.jpg

Back