Help troubleshooting from a clueless wife

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Return chamber does look dry
By the looks of it he has an apex system so he should notified of the problem from the app
But right now if just added a thew litres of sw or just enough to cover the return pump it will solve this problem for short period
My guess is may be auto top off empty or playing up
In most cases saltwater should never be added to the system without a specific reason. Replace water removed by skimmer, a possible leak or spill, or when doing water changes. And it should be checked with a salinity device of some sort. Assuming you have no way to check the salinity and If none of these conditions above has occurred, it is safer to add RO/DI water.
Maggifishh is Sounds like you handled it well!
Welcome to R2R!

Connor Sloan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does look like the ato is switched off on the apex. I would leave it until in contact. He may have it off for a reason, but its prob a slip up.

That chamber all the way on the left is the only one that will go down, if something is making excess noise its def going to be that all red pump. you did just the right thing by adding a bit of RO Water!

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to REEF2REEF!!! It seems that you’ve fixed the water in the sump. Keep an eye on it as you’ll have to maintain that level by adding in fresh RO water. The algae on the glass looks like coralline algae. It’s hard to scrape off but won’t harm anything. I think your husband will have to put some elbow grease on that stuff when he gets back.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard
ZomboMeme 30112020180147.jpg

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!

Make a black line with a sharpie on the water level you just added fresh water to.

Every couple hours go check to see where the level is and add fresh ro to reach the desired level.

goofy movie hello GIF

king aiptasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! I put a few liters of the filtered (RO I guess!) water from the tap he built. Attaching more images and the dashboard here. The red algae has been growing on the glass for a while but he ran out of time to clean it before he left on this Baja XL rally (where he has no service for the next 3 days) which was Tuesday. I only noticed because the loud pump this morning, which is better now with the water. I’ll make sure to keep adding water there, but let me know if any other recommendations or tweaks to keep this alive the next few days ☺️ Thanks so much for the help and warm welcome!
447EE601-1896-452D-B2B5-02307201484B.jpeg
DC7E6C56-326D-46D4-9A47-EFA8F93F8372.jpeg
1AA822D7-CBFE-4E7C-B37B-37E55ACF0701.jpeg
why is the fish in the sump?

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there! My husbands off the grid for a few days and while I frequently help execute tasks for his tank, I have no idea how to fix this myself.
Pump in the sump (?) is loud and I think not getting enough water. There’s a lot of bubbly algae and salt is crystallizing on the edges. I believe it needs more fresh water at the bottom, but idk specific ratios and to mess it up
Pls lmk if you have any advice or don’t mind helping me for a few mins.
Thanks!
Maggie
Welcome!

whale GIF

Salty Rambler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and kudos for your work so far tank sitting! Like others, I'm very curious about how the clownfish wound up in the sump. Is it in time out, or did it somehow make it through the plumbing? Either way, hope you are tossing a bit of food its way while it is down there.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back