*help* Varios 4 not pulling air suddenly

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping for some insight here. The varios 4 on my RO regal int 200 has suddenly stopped pulling air. I took everything apart twice tonight and can’t figure it out. It pulls air if I obstruct the input, but not otherwise. Any help would be amazing.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it happens and usually if you clean the intake tube and where it connects is the fix . Are you sure you cleaned the tubing as well ?

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it happens and usually if you clean the intake tube and where it connects is the fix . Are you sure you cleaned the tubing as well ?
Thank you for your reply. So I believe my initial problem was the intake tube. And I remedied that.
I’m leaving this thread up in case anyone else has the problem, but long story short is I’m an idiot.
If the “shim” as RO calls it, is not properly seated in the connector between the pump and the body, it will not pull air. I just reseated it and it’s working fine.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 150 int model and don’t remember having a shim . But if yours does to keep from over tightening it closing up the air intake hole it makes sense . In my opinion they make the best skimmers . Glad you figured it out !!! :cool:

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back