HELP ! What's wrong with my Clownfish ?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was more of a question

Formalin is usually saved for a last resort since it's so harsh and also a carcinogen. It's also best used for external parasites that are not responding to more mainstream treatments. Just to address the question :)

OP
OP
Finatik

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is Formalin sold as a stand alone product or is it something that is an ingredient in another product ? I ask this because when I went to the LFS yesterday, they told me they had never heard of "just Formalin" being sold by itself, but that they had some Ick medicine that contained Formalin.
Just want to make sure that I am looking for and buying the right stuff. Thanks.
@melypr1985 @Humblefish

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is Formalin sold as a stand alone product or is it something that is an ingredient in another product ?

Both. Formalin-MS contains 37% Formaldehyde which is proper formalin. However, Quick Cure also contains 37% Formaldehyde with Malachite Green (healing agent) added in.

Aquarium Solutions Ich-X and Kordon Rid-Ich Plus also both contain formalin, but I am unsure what % of Formaldehyde. o_O

OP
OP
Finatik

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would treat for something bacterial: Combine Kanaplex + Metroplex in a QT.

Went to all 3 of the LFS in my area today, and none of them had Kanaplex or Formalin. Can you suggest a good online retailer to get these meds from ?

Back