Help with freshwater anyone? Getting desperate

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many 1000's of gallons was that tank?
About 11,000 gallons and 90’ long. We have about 3500 cichlids, most born in there.

Jay

Reefbeast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience with Malawi Africans the all male Haps and peacocks you don't want too much rocks cover and hiding spaces because they will fight more. I have a 135 gallon all Hap, Peacock and Frontosa tank My fish flash occasionally just like that maybe not as often as yours seem to be. Usually mine do it when displaying dominance. Have you just recently added any fish? Do you quarantine? Have you had any casualties yet?

Reefbeast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also forgot to ask with all of these meds do you think you killed most of your beneficial bacteria treating the display? Have you tested for Ammonia or Nitrite?

OP
OP
R

reef’r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also forgot to ask with all of these meds do you think you killed most of your beneficial bacteria treating the display? Have you tested for Ammonia or Nitrite?
So took the recommendation of jay and treated again for 8-9 days and noticed much better reaction in the fish, no where near as much flashing and when they did it was very slow and lazy almost just scratching a minor itch. I believe it was flukes, just based off the dosing on the bottle it didn’t have a good enough effect. And no not worried about the BB, I’ve tested all is good

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back