Here we go again!

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't posted much in a while. I took down and sold my 125g after having it for many years. I just didn't have the time to dedicate to it like I wanted. So after a hiatus from the hobby (due to some life changes) I am starting back. Only this time, I am going miniature. I am going to keep it simple with this build. Back to basics.

Tank: IM Nuvo 10

Lighting: Stock 18w Skkye with Truelumen LED 453nm strip on a ramp timer. I will eventually switch this out if I decide to add some SPS. Will be AI Prime or Nanobox mini tide at that time. I had a chance to meet Dave when I had my 125g and buy some frags from him. Seeing his work up close and his passion for it makes me lean towards the Tide. It's a top notch light.

Filtration: 10lbs TBS 2.1 live rock. 8ish lbs of Fiji pink sand. First chamber: inTank media basket running filter floss and chemi pure blue. Second chamber: marine pure spheres.

Heater: 50w Neo therm

Return pump: Tunze 1073.008.

Top off: IM Hydrofill platinum and toms aqua lifter. ATO is being run off of digital timer to run for 3 min increments several times throughout the day. This serves two purposes. It helps reduce wear on the solenoid and also as a second backup from overfill.

I don't have any power heads in the tank for now as I want to maximize space inside the display and keep it clean. I will be adding an Aquatic Life Macro flow swing soon. Anyways, enough blabber.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
icedgxe

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I'm excited to be back. Tank parameters stabilized after the tank cycled a couple of weeks ago. Diatoms came and went. Green algae came and is no match for the lone Mexican Turbo. I'm going to stock nice and slow. First non hitchhiker (besides turbo) will be added on Sunday. More pics to come!

OP
OP
icedgxe

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got around to taking a picture of my new addition. Trying to get it to attach to rubble so it won't keep floating around the tank. Don't mind the diatom algae. It's dying back now.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad to see you back!

Betucker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank and nice aussie if that's yours in your profile pic. Mind me asking where you got the stand?

OP
OP
icedgxe

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I can't wait to see what I can come up with for this tank. That's is my aussie. He is a great dog. So smart and tons of personality.

The stand is a 4 cube Kallax stand from Ikea. I bought the doors for the tops and made two 3/4in thick plywood pieces and glued them in the back of the bottom squares to help reinforce it. I don't think that was absolutely necessary, but it helps.

Betucker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome and thanks for the reply! Yeah I can't wait to set mine up in August, I'll be following this thread. I'm jealous of the dog, I have been look at Miniature American Shepherds for a while now due to them being similar just a little bit smaller.

OP
OP
icedgxe

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's actually what he is. It's just easier to say Aussie because not everyone knows the difference. He is a smaller miniature. He weighs somewhere between 15-20 lbs now. Blue Merle with one brown and one blue eye.

A few more of him:

OP
OP
icedgxe

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to one of my favorite LFS this weekend and ended up walking out with this Zoa frag. I think it is already beautiful and can't wait to see what it looks like as the colony grows. Toadstool is opening up more now as well.

OP
OP
icedgxe

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really need to break out my camera instead of using my phone, but here are a couple of corals I picked up this weekend.

Ponape Birdsnest

Gorgonian

OP
OP
icedgxe

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while since I have posted. I have added a couple of corals and a pair of beautiful Picasso clowns that I got from Carolina Clownfish. Grade A service and quality. Anyways, I tried to get the best pictures of the clowns as I could with my phone and no filters. I will try and add coral pictures soon.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back