Here we go... first time reef

shamrock62081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Wanted to introduce myself to the forum. Long time freshwater tank keeper (30 years) and making my first venture into reefkeeping. Have been lurking for a wihle as I debated to make the jump to reefing over the last year and a half.

Starting out with an IM 50 Lagoon AIO. Slowly getting everthing set up -- so many cords to manage! Maybe, just maybe, will fill it by the new year and start cycling! Waiting on some things to come in the mail so I can get my rock work glued and in the tank. Not having the greatest luck with superglue alone (even gel is so runny), so getting some instaset to help speed it along before I epoxy the joints.

Hoping to have a mixed reef, mostly softies and LPS and a few fish. Debating on if I'm going to QT or not once I do get livestock. Lots of opinions out there! Not sure yet on what kind of fish I want to keep.

Ocean_Queenie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello & Welcome
IMG_8890.jpeg

Brazilian Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Wanted to introduce myself to the forum. Long time freshwater tank keeper (30 years) and making my first venture into reefkeeping. Have been lurking for a wihle as I debated to make the jump to reefing over the last year and a half.

Starting out with an IM 50 Lagoon AIO. Slowly getting everthing set up -- so many cords to manage! Maybe, just maybe, will fill it by the new year and start cycling! Waiting on some things to come in the mail so I can get my rock work glued and in the tank. Not having the greatest luck with superglue alone (even gel is so runny), so getting some instaset to help speed it along before I epoxy the joints.

Hoping to have a mixed reef, mostly softies and LPS and a few fish. Debating on if I'm going to QT or not once I do get livestock. Lots of opinions out there! Not sure yet on what kind of fish I want to keep.
Welcome and Happy Reefing! Enjoy, lots of info here :cool:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%

Back