Hey from Sunny England! :D

varodan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
Im Danny from West Midlands, England
Since as long as I can remember I have always been in love with everything to do with the ocean - back when i was like 12 (I think) I did a discovery scuba dive in Crete fell in love with diving and eventually worked my way up to rescue diver (all before i was 18) Havent been scuba diving in a very long time (other commitments etc...) but I've always wanted a saltwater tank - finally 4 months ago I decided to pull the trigger and get my first tank! I'ts been stressful I've had my setbacks and worries but its such an amazing hobby and im so happy I decided to go for it and im loving learning as much as I can and trying to provide the best enviornment I can!
Glad to be here as its been an amazing resource for me just never got round to signing up!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the salty and the community Danny! Wow, that sounds like an amazing journey you've had with the ocean and now you are continuing it with your own little slice of it. :) I look forward to seeing pics of your setup. :)

OP
OP
varodan

varodan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Danny. You're a stones throw from me.
oh wow nice - I only moved here last year (originally from Northamptonshire but lived up in yorkshire for 8 years) dont really know many people around especially not anyone in the hobby - its always useful knowing people in the hobby close by from what i can tell!

OP
OP
varodan

varodan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
congrats!!! and glad you have a piece of your passion in your living room...

and you will get o the 6 month stage, then the 12, then you'll wonder what al the worrying was about...

Best of luck and send pics please

100.gif
Well its in my bedroom but yeah :D

Fingers crossed - I will probably do a build thread as i have a bunch of pictures and stuff from starting out as i like seeing the changes etc... when i do ill probably drop a comment on here with a link as well

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
Im Danny from West Midlands, England
Since as long as I can remember I have always been in love with everything to do with the ocean - back when i was like 12 (I think) I did a discovery scuba dive in Crete fell in love with diving and eventually worked my way up to rescue diver (all before i was 18) Havent been scuba diving in a very long time (other commitments etc...) but I've always wanted a saltwater tank - finally 4 months ago I decided to pull the trigger and get my first tank! I'ts been stressful I've had my setbacks and worries but its such an amazing hobby and im so happy I decided to go for it and im loving learning as much as I can and trying to provide the best enviornment I can!
Glad to be here as its been an amazing resource for me just never got round to signing up!
Hi Danny from the East Midlands!

And welcome!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its in my bedroom but yeah :D

Fingers crossed - I will probably do a build thread as i have a bunch of pictures and stuff from starting out as i like seeing the changes etc... when i do ill probably drop a comment on here with a link as well
Oh and you now have a shinny blue badge

I waived the normal coral frag bribery requirement to get in!! Lol

OP
OP
varodan

varodan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and you now have a shinny blue badge

I waived the normal coral frag bribery requirement to get in!! Lol
Hahahaha! yeah im a bit short on those at the moment so that would have been a struggle :p
thanks though I appreciate it!
Woo for shiny blue badges!
Was just looking through your build thread and your galapgos thread I have major Tank/Holiday envy haha

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back