Hey i'll guess i'll show a few pics.

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its nothing special, Still a young tank under a year old so it needs some time to fill in, and me to stop fragging.
Its a 180 tank with a 28 gal fuge 30 gal sump and flow i am using 3 tunze 6100's and soon to be a 4th along with 900 gph from the sumps return. I am using seachems greycoast sand. 2 400 watt halides and a 250w DE in the center. so 20k 14k 20k bulb setup. I get in stints where i run 10k's on the 400's to keep the sps corals growing. I run a Bubblemaster 250, and a DAS EX3 both rated for 500+ systems. Cant have enough filtration. ;)
I am running a ca/rx and kalk reactor as well and run enough carbon and rowa to clean a lake. LOL Enough on tank specs. Here's a couple pics.
newfishpics063.jpg

P1000155.jpg

P1000178.jpg

P1000198.jpg

newfishpics030.jpg

And heres SATAN my sohal tang. LOL He is pure evil! Don't let the litle fugger fool ya.
newfishpics040.jpg

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool set up Alex.....What did you ever do with that 660 IC I traded you? Did you ever fire it up?

OP
OP
Raptor

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all! No i didnt even use it i ended up selling it, Wish i didnt though. I would like it back now. LOL

OP
OP
Raptor

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is fine but soon as i add food to the tank he turns and beats the crap out of any tang that competes for food. ;) He attacks a hippo thats 3 times his size, It looks like a flea attacking a cat. The hippo is not getting cut up or anything, Just pestered and rammed by the sohal. If it don't stop i'll have to remove the hippo for his own safety. He doesnt mess with the durgeon though, It tried once and i was watching and the trigger took a chunk out of him. I freaked, But he healed up good, and respects the triggers room. :)
Once he gets large he may be a problem, But i think since this little guy is growing like a weed he is HUNGRY All the time and wants ALL the food. LOL

Last edited:

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank Alex!...when everything grows matured that will be one sick tank!!

OP
OP
Raptor

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, I had to wait out my tank switch and the cycle on this one for my corals to start perking back up. Now that everything is stabil the corals have resonded well. My le's are finnaly starting to grow well.
Now the hard part, Just leaving it alone and let it grow. Most sps are frags or grown from frags, so thats the reason its still bare looking.
Even the RBTA was a frag. LOL.

OP
OP
Raptor

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I learned from the best, all plastic and rubber squeegie for the top, magnavore cleaner with a dobie pad on the inside that rip off coraline and don't scratch the plastic. A cotton diaper underneath the mag in fron so it doesnt scape the plastic, and a kent scraper with plastic blade. Thats for the bottom 1 inch near the sand and i only go slow down stroaks to not pick up sand and scratch the bejesus out of it. And last is brillianize acrylic cleaner and polish. Never use soap or any cleaners on plastic as it will scratch and dull the acrylic. You could use RO and a cotton diaper, But the cleaner makes the surface smooth and helps protect it a little by makeing it slicker.

OP
OP
Raptor

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and the rock is not touching in the back of the tank only on the overflow its touching so i can mag clean the whole back pane except where the overflow is. Thats why its not painted, I should have just gone with black acrylic on the back.

OP
OP
Raptor

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres a couple top downs.
P1000289.jpg

P1000293.jpg

This is a bad shot, Burt here is what i call pink eye chalice.
P1000304.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very awesome bro!! Beautiful!!

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really incredible tank Alex!! Thank you for sharing. I'd love to get details of where you got the supplies to clean the acrylic because I've got something in the works :)

OP
OP
Raptor

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks you guys and gal. :)

Well the dobie pad and the squeegie can be found at wallmart, and a good lfs should sell the brillinize spray and scraper. Its easy if you stay on top of cleaning it, and getting in the corners with a an old plastic card.
Oh and the dobie pad just cut one end remove the sponge and slide the magnet in. It works really well.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 52 40.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 66 51.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.9%
Back