Hey!!

moneyman6891

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Sean Tillett, I live on the east coast of Florida. I attend high school, and work my LFS. I have a 29 reef and a 20L FLOWR, with nothing in it, i plan to get a baby snowflake eel and then when it gets bigger ill either give it to the LFS or hopefully get a 55 gallon. Ive had my 29 reef for 5 months and I have some zoa's, shrooms, LPS and a few stonies that where given to me. I dont have any fish but plan to get a school of blue and yellow tail damsels.

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. You'll have to show us some pics of your tanks.

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Sean Tillett, I live on the east coast of Florida. I attend high school, and work my LFS. I have a 29 reef and a 20L FLOWR, with nothing in it, i plan to get a baby snowflake eel and then when it gets bigger ill either give it to the LFS or hopefully get a 55 gallon. Ive had my 29 reef for 5 months and I have some zoa's, shrooms, LPS and a few stonies that where given to me. I dont have any fish but plan to get a school of blue and yellow tail damsels.

Hey great to see you here and your off to a great start but a piece of advice on the damsels, once two pair up which are good odds if you buy more then six these two will kill off any others once they start breeding in a 29gal tank.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R for sure!!! :D

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcom to R2R!! Damsels are so pretty!! It is ashame they seem to attack anything that is added to the tank after they get established - good luck - should be a nice tank!

Linda Lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! And if you're getting a school for the 29g, I'd recommend blue-green chromis instead of damsels. Either way, you probably won't want a very big school with that small a tank.

The first two fish I got were actually yellow-tail damsels in a 33g. I've had them since Day #1 in first the 33g, then the 55g and now the 90g. They've been model citizens. But I've heard horror stories. Could be I'm the exception to the rule.

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damsels can definitely be feisty, but I really like Springer's damsels. I've kept a group of 3 together in a 20L before and they were great. No problems at all. Some damsels (like Springer's) are much more mild mannered. Sergeant majors on the other hand will actually peck at you in the ocean if you're snorkeling. Those things are aggressive as can be.

Tankguy001

Reef Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome , I've also kept the Blue-Green Chromis (3) with no problems at all. I too have heard some horror stories but never had a problem myself

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back