Hiding

Jamers442

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I introduced a Powder Blue Tang yesterday but since I did my Regal Tang went into hiding, when Ive woke up this morning the Regal Tang is now on his side floating around the sand bed looks like he’s dying: (

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I introduced a Powder Blue Tang yesterday but since I did my Regal Tang went into hiding, when Ive woke up this morning the Regal Tang is now on his side floating around the sand bed looks like he’s dying: (
If I’m honest, that may have been because of aggression from the Powder Blue - they’re very similar to each other especially in colour.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
55 gallons 240litres
If I’m honest, I’m not surprised the powder blue killed the regal. That tank is way too small for either fish - they really do want 5-6 feet of length to be happy.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are just small my LFS said he thinks they would be ok for quite a while, once they out grew the tank I was able to take them back for credit
If I’m honest, these are tangs that outgrow small tanks like yours in a matter of months.

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are just small my LFS said he thinks they would be ok for quite a while, once they out grew the tank I was able to take them back for credit
Bad advice. I wouldn't go back there. 55 might work for one small tang for a year maybe two if it was really small to begin with.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 152 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back