HOB Skimmer

rdsx2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently torn between what to use for a 36gal reef tank with no sump. I have looked a few HOB skimmers and still haven't found one that I really want to get. I have looked at the eshopps, hydor slim skim, reef octopus, and the red sea prizm. I'm looking for something that will work in my tank.

OP
OP
R

rdsx2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aquamaxx looks good but it is also the most expensive... It's the last piece i need for my tank.

fletcher2007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
me to actually i decided to go with a sump tho and want a in sump protein skimmer now but there alittle pricey so I dont have one yet been looking for a good deal on here, im sure you will find one just watch the classifieds on here they have great deals all the time and everyone on here seems nice and friendly and willing to help

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an allflow freedom filter. it is a hang in tank filter with skimmer.
this is by far the best filter I have used! it
rated for a 90g tank so I got it for a 47g column seahorse tank, thinking it was overrated.it worked perfectly
when I sold the tank I put it on a 120 to see how well it would do, that was 2 years ago. it is the only filtration on my 120 reef tank!

I would put this filter on any tank it will fit in

Last edited:

haikufriday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say get the best skimmer you can get... Nothings worse than settling on a skimmer based on price alone. I made that mistake twice and ended up with two pieces of junk. I personally like the AquaMaxx HOB-1 and AquaC Remoras (if you don't mind a little hissing). The slim skim isn't all that bad either.

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AQUAMAXx all the way best bang for the buck set up 3 of them now on different clients tanks and they're great!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back