Hood Options for Nanocube 12 DX

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a Nanocube 12 DX back in 2007 as a secondary DT.

Its currently in my wife's work office with a pair of clowns. I like it because after 16 years, I know everything about the tank and can troubleshoot with her remotely.

It has the dual 39W CF bulb hood on it. Its become almost impossible to get the bulbs, so I tried to order an LED hood but the supplier said they are out of stock.

Since its in her office where access isn't controlled, I want to stay with a hood rather than 'open' top.

Does anyone know a good place to get the CF bulbs, or an LED hood? I am resistant to buying a new type of tank due to accumulated knowledge, plus having to buy a stand, etc.

OP
OP
mann1139

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the CF Hood toast? If not, I'd just wait for the LED hood to become available again.
JBJ is out of business, so assumption is that it won't come back into stock.

CF is on its last bulb. I had to find one deep in my stock of old parts. See, keeping old fish junk pays off every once in a while.

reef4dum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Intankaquatics carries some items for the JBJ. I have a JBJ12 DX led. just picked up media baskets and a couple other little parts I might need down the line if things break.

The tube bulbs are no longer being made. Best bet it to upgrade the lighting to the LEDs or remove the hood all together and buy one that hangs over. If you do that I would put a clear top to help evaporation
Check them out at Intankaquatics. Can’t recall everything they had, but they do have JBJ stuff.

OP
OP
mann1139

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Intankaquatics carries some items for the JBJ. I have a JBJ12 DX led. just picked up media baskets and a couple other little parts I might need down the line if things break.

The tube bulbs are no longer being made. Best bet it to upgrade the lighting to the LEDs or remove the hood all together and buy one that hangs over. If you do that I would put a clear top to help evaporation
Check them out at Intankaquatics. Can’t recall everything they had, but they do have JBJ stuff.
Thanks. They didn't carry much for this particular tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back