How do you safely raise the water level in a Red Sea Reefer (S) / Waterbox (Reef LX), etc....?

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering how you safely raise the water level in a Red Sea Reefer (S) or Waterbox (Reef LX), etc.

So that you don't see a water line.

Both the Reefer S models and the Reef LX models have Euro-bracing on top of the glass.

And there is approx 1" (less on the Reefer) gap between the water line and the bracing.

It makes it look like the tank isn't full.

And also gets salt creep in that 1" area, etc.

Wondering if anyone knows how to safely raise the water level so they tank doesn't look like it's not full enough.

Thanks!

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added vinyl tape to my new waterbox 330.7 I like it so well I did my reefer 300 also
EDIT : changed image
Screenshot_20240506-142209.png

Also as to increasing water level I don't think that would work well. I set water levels according to the down flow pipes in the overflow to make the system as quiet as possible. Changing levels will make the overflow noisy

Last edited:
OP
OP
salty150

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think...

Taking quite a bit of water out of it (if it's already running) and then cleaning that area thoroughly and then taping off where the water comes up on the inside and then spreading some black silicone above the tape on the inside.

Probably the closet to OEM look...?

Last edited:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 47 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 161 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 5.0%
Back