How long after Interceptor to return CUC?

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently completed my first dose of interceptor in my battle with red bugs, following the guideline on Melev's reef. I realize that I still need to complete to more doses of interceptor, but the write up was pretty vague as to how long I need to wait after the final dose before I can return my CUC to the tank. It merely says "once the water was safe for shrimp and crabs," but doesn't elaborate beyond that. Can they be returned after the 30% water change and running fresh carbon for a few hours, or is it a more substantial wait time? Any input would be appreciated!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would say 24hrs after returning the skimmer and carbon online should be enough.....if your skimmer is back in action and not flooding they should be fine....

butts182

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is likely that you could return them after doing the large water change and running carbon for a few hours...if you have the means to keep them in a separate system for an additional water change, that would be a good idea, although i don't think it would be necessay...but better safe than sorry

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point, I'm skimming normally again, and it's been about 24 hours since the water change. In the past, have you put the CUC back in the tank between doses or just kept them out until all three doses were done? My wife is already nagging me about the tupperware in our laundry room that's holding the crabs & shrimp :angel:

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 40 45.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back