how long coral survive in bag

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello i was getting my new corals acclimated to the tank and relized I didnt have any Coral Dip recently moved.

I was wondering if floating the coral all
I wouldn’t float it all night, but it you must, I would open the bags so they can get air, and maybe start acclimating them to your water so that you can dilute any ammonia that may be in the bag. Might be better to set up a five gallon bucket with a heater and airstone/power head.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably would be ok to be floated all night(out of light). Similar to being shipped overnight they spend 16-20 hours in a bag and usually temperature is biggest issue when there are problems. Floating them should keep temp fine.

resortez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t float it all night, but it you must, I would open the bags so they can get air, and maybe start acclimating them to your water so that you can dilute any ammonia that may be in the bag. Might be better to set up a five gallon bucket with a heater and airstone/power head.
I second this. I’ve been able to keep coral in a bucket for about 16 hours with a small pump breaking surface for aeration. Like everyone else is asking, what type of coral is it?

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.8%
Back