How Long Until I Should Worry

rc8t6353

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. About 4 or 5 days ago I was given a black leopard Wrasse from a very generous fellow reefer. I drip acclimated it like I do with all my fish and he looked fine. When I released him he swam down to the sand and dove in. I still haven't seen him pop out. He went under the front of the right rock structure.
PXL_20240413_012316825.jpg
My questions are, should I stir up the sand to make sure he's ok? How would I know if he didn't make it? Thanks

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. About 4 or 5 days ago I was given a black leopard Wrasse from a very generous fellow reefer. I drip acclimated it like I do with all my fish and he looked fine. When I released him he swam down to the sand and dove in. I still haven't seen him pop out. He went under the front of the right rock structure.
PXL_20240413_012316825.jpg
My questions are, should I stir up the sand to make sure he's ok? How would I know if he didn't make it? Thanks
I would not go looking for it. That will just stress it out more. You won't know if it made it until you see it again.

lmfbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're worried now, that's why you made the post. But I think you should just stick with being worried. Don't look for him (even though I know it's tempting).

The other day, I accidentally disturbed mine who had buried itself, then I rescued a flipped snail. He hid for about 72 hours, and now is still nervous when I approach the tank.

I bet your guy will be just fine, but believe me, I understand the worry!

OP
OP
rc8t6353

rc8t6353

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're worried now, that's why you made the post. But I think you should just stick with being worried. Don't look for him (even though I know it's tempting).

The other day, I accidentally disturbed mine who had buried itself, then I rescued a flipped snail. He hid for about 72 hours, and now is still nervous when I approach the tank.

Lol your absolutely right. I've always wanted one. I'm gonna listen to you guys and be patient tho. I've even got my wife and daughter watching the tank for him.

OP
OP
rc8t6353

rc8t6353

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm glad I took your advice! This was last night about twenty minutes before lights went out.

OP
OP
rc8t6353

rc8t6353

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks you all. He's been out

everyday since hunting pods on the rocks. He comes out of the sand a few hours after the lights ramp up.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back