how much brs 2 part to use?

aslmx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75g tank and I use the brs 2 part but I only dose when I take readings to bring things up to par. Can I dose small amounts daily to keep things more in check? I dont have a test for magnesium and dont know how much of that to add. My cal stays around 400-440, alk- 7.5-8.5 and I have no clue on the mag. How important is mag and can I just dose small amounts daily without hurting anything? 16 gallon water changes every 2 weeks by the way.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there's not an easy answer because it all depends how much your animals (corals) are consuming- obviously it's going to be a bit different for every tank.

For starters- I'd recommend 1 mL /gallon per day on the alk and calc, so round it to 80 in your case. However, test every couple of days because if your tank is heavily stocked with SPS it'll consume more, where if it's mostly softies, it'll be less.

Magnesium is a kit worth buying- It really is just as important as alk and calc. I use more alk>mag>cal - so obviously the 'kit' instructions aren't going to be accurate in all cases (they would have me add way too much calc and barely enough mag.) For now, keep up whatever your doing and dose accordingly, try and dose a little bit of mag- but keep in mind, without a test, you don't know how much you need, so it's a risk of adding too much.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 85 44.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 65 34.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 26 13.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back