How much do I feed?

Azariah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought 2 small clown fish, 4 nassarius snails and a dragon eye zoa. I wanted to know how much I need to feed and how often as I have frozen mysis shrimp cubes and dont know if it should be 1 a day? When feeding should the reefwave be turned off?
I am running a 170 red sea reefer and appreciate any information. Also how long can this food be kept in a fridge once defrosted?

1621966108189.png

PXL_20210525_181114083.jpg

Aboynamedsous2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the clown fish I would feed only part of a cube ( or a little less depending on there size) every other day, zoas I feed reef roids once a week either by spot feeding or by letting loose in the water flow( be careful feeding it as it is a really concentrated food and to much can cause algae problems), the snails should be able to fend for themselves, I feed my fish with a wave maker on and it’s no trouble for me, as far as keeping food in the fridge I wouldn’t keep it in longer than a day or so ( I only defrost what I need that day), u can buy fish food defrosters but I don’t know how well they work

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back