How much should I feed my clowns and damsel

NUJI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I just started my tank a few weeks ago and all is going great. I have a pair of clowns and a yellow tail damsel in my tank 25 gallon tank. I feed them half a cube of frozen mysis shrimp a day which I thaw beforehand. I just wanted to know if that is sufficient or if I should increase the number of times I feed them a day. Thank you

OP
OP
N

NUJI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I accidentally overfeed, the cleaning staff helps me deal with the remaining feed.
I still haven’t had algae or diatoms in the tank so i haven’t added any clean up crew yet. Glad to know they will eventually help

OP
OP
N

NUJI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, just me, I would take your half cube and cut that in half, and feed them twice a day. I feed my fish 3 to 4 times per day.

I would also offer different foods, feeding only one type of food might not offer all the nutrition needed.
I’ll feed them twice a day and start mixing some pellets into their diet as well. Thank you

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I accidentally overfeed, the cleaning staff helps me deal with the remaining feed.
There’s that too but when I overfeed I just watch it go directly into the overflow lol. Unless it sinks then the cuc gets it but if it’s floating food then the cuc can’t get it.

shrimplover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would feed twice a day (I feed 3 times personally) and mix it up between flakes, pelelets and frozen. I will feed my fish a little a tme and then some more and then stop when they don't go after the food anymore. Takes a few minutes but then you know they are happy and full.

shrimplover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(I think half a cube is too little a day) Mine will have that and also pellets and flakes. Currently have an angel, two chalk bass and a molly.

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes once a daily is fine and honestly I would only feed like a quarter. Fish have tiny stomachs and any excess just pollutes the tank.
I agree with this post. If you could spread that half cube up to two or three feedings that would be more ideal

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 181 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back