How to delete a tank in Mobius on android.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disclaimer: I really dislike Mobius but I'm trying to be open minded and give it a chance. I've accepted the fact the app can keep time or stay on the correct year, this is ongoing and I don't think ecotech or more than likely the parent company even cares.
That aside how the heck do you remove a tank so the equipment can me moved to a new tank using android? I've tried every combination of swipe long press etc and nada. I have to use my Gals iPhone which I hate to do because I have to hear "I thought you didn't like apple" and it's really annoying. On iPhone long press the tank and a red circle pops up letting me remove the tank. Anyone on android that can help out?

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My best guess
Technology Monkey GIF

I'm not helpful. Sorry.

Allenh427

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure since I uninstalled the android app. It lacks a ton of functionality compared to the iOS version. I just use my iPad for mobius now, which is also nice because of the bigger screen and adjusting light schedule and dosing pumps.

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My best guess
Technology Monkey GIF

I'm not helpful. Sorry.
That looks like me. Just needs a little more force behind those keys strokes :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

I'm not sure since I uninstalled the android app. It lacks a ton of functionality compared to the iOS version. I just use my iPad for mobius now, which is also nice because of the bigger screen and adjusting light schedule and dosing pumps.

I found an old iPhone in the closet a little while ago. At least now I can get things done without having to listen my Gals attempts at humour lol.

On a more serious note tho Mobius is pretty pathetic, at least in android. It is actually one of the reasons I won't buy any more ecotech gear. The only reason I'm even using it now is because I needed to add one more MP40 and the newer ones will not run on eco smart live via reef link.

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disclaimer: I really dislike Mobius but I'm trying to be open minded and give it a chance. I've accepted the fact the app can keep time or stay on the correct year, this is ongoing and I don't think ecotech or more than likely the parent company even cares.
That aside how the heck do you remove a tank so the equipment can me moved to a new tank using android? I've tried every combination of swipe long press etc and nada. I have to use my Gals iPhone which I hate to do because I have to hear "I thought you didn't like apple" and it's really annoying. On iPhone long press the tank and a red circle pops up letting me remove the tank. Anyone on android that can help out?
Let the hate flow through you. It's really beyond poor considering the price point of the product. It deserves all the hate. I was also unable to remove old tank only start a new one. On android BTW. Edited to add, I will no longer be buying their products moving forward. I love the clean cords outside the tank but I am so done with this true garbage. They should let Red Sea make their app, which is WIFI like all this crap should be.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A consumer of a top tier product should not have to buy a new phone just to get said product to work correctly. That is beyond ridiculous.
I’ve never had a problem with mobius on apple product.. I see these complaints over and over idk… I know the ai prime app sucked at resetted the time and date all the time.. :rolleyes:

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never had a problem with mobius on apple product.. I see these complaints over and over idk… I know the ai prime app sucked at resetted the time and date all the time.. :rolleyes:
Apple products in them self are a problem. When I buy a product, call me old fashioned, I would like to actually own it and the software within. I know I know, you will own nothing and you will be happy and all that, but eh?

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a iPhone???? :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
I did that and hated it so much my Gal ended up with a new iphone 11. Now she tells me maybe things will be better on an iphone 14 :thinking-face: She is some kind of special that Gal is.

I know the ai prime app sucked at resetted the time and date all the time.. :rolleyes:
That's exactly what mobius does on android. I love the my AI app and have been using it for years hassle free on android :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Mobius just plain sucks. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: I have to delete a tank to move a piece of equipment then I have to set up two tanks. Really?

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havnt turned this thing on for years. Charging it now.

It will probably be a brick like the 4 iPad minis in my family. Apple says they can't run the latest iOS so you can't update iOS and many apps will not run on the old version rendering them useless. Well they make good toys for toddlers I guess.

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will probably be a brick like the 4 iPad minis in my family. Apple says they can't run the latest iOS so you can't update iOS and many apps will not run on the old version rendering them useless. Well they make good toys for toddlers I guess.
Yeah this one is gen5. We upgraded a while back. I think I have a newer one at home. A mini. I will check it out.

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I signed in and it wants me to create a new tank. I have mobius running on two android devices without issue. Not sure why it would want me to set a new tank on iOS. Oh well I tried. Also the reviews in Apple Store are as bad as android’s.

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I signed in and it wants me to create a new tank. I have mobius running on two android devices without issue. Not sure why it would want me to set a new tank on iOS. Oh well I tried. Also the reviews in Apple Store are as bad as android’s.

Thanks. My opinion is Mobius sucks on android and IOS. I can hardly wait to see what the future holds for ecotech users now that Bertram owns the company.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back