How to dose Red Sea ABCD + Foundations?

AnnaG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Im thinking of upgrading to a larger aquarium and going from weekly water changes to monthly water changes with dosing. Im trying to figure out how much I would need to dose each week / day to get the right amount of each element (and then getting an estimate of how much it will cost me.) The aquarium is a mixed reef, 322 litres (including sump). Is foundations and ABCD inclusive of all elements required? Also says "easy dose by calcium" - what does that mean? Thanks

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They'll include the main ones. The minor trace elements can be replenished through water changes. Red Sea has a calculator for the ABCD, but I find that it's a tad excessive (it assumes you have a full tank of corals which often isn't the case). But it's a good starting point.

OP
OP
AnnaG

AnnaG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They'll include the main ones. The minor trace elements can be replenished through water changes. Red Sea has a calculator for the ABCD, but I find that it's a tad excessive (it assumes you have a full tank of corals which often isn't the case). But it's a good starting point.
Do you think a monthly water change will be sufficient in replenishing those minor trace elements?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 99 44.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 76 33.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back