How to get anemone to host clownfish?

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what evidence do you base that on? Ive already detailed the science behind it (simply) but my source of information was a couple of marine biologists who graduated from Macquarie University in Australia, who spent a good number of years on the great barrier reef collecting data and information of clownfish and other damsel species. It may be inhumane, period.
He said she said. Inhumane I think not. I’ve dont this countless times and have had my fish host... did they die no? Did it benifit them absolutely. I don’t need evidence to argue something. This whole hobby could be considered inhumane we are literally taking fish from the ocean and corals and throwing them in tanks where most of them die... you don’t think that’s inhumane? Let’s be real .

Last edited:

GucciYoni

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He said she said. Inhumane I think not. I’ve dont this countless times and have had my fish host... did they die no? Did it benifit them absolutely. I don’t need evidence to argue something that is strictly opion.

Many people see their clowns swim away (especially tank bred specimens) bevause the anemone stings them they need time to build up their slime coats. Its not he said she said, some clowns genuinely suffer from this. Dont make me out to be some nag when I'm after the clowns' best interest.

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many people see their clowns swim away (especially tank bred specimens) bevause the anemone stings them they need time to build up their slime coats. Its not he said she said, some clowns genuinely suffer from this. Dont make me out to be some nag when I'm after the clowns' best interest.
It’s not like people are forcing their clowns into anemones. They are putting them in a confined environment where the clowns can interact with the anemone and 90% of the time they choose to do so, on their own there is nothing inhumane about this at all. I’m not making you out to be a nag. I don’t thing anyone would buy a fish to act in a inhumane manor towards it. The fish has a choice on its own and isn’t being forced into the anemone by someone’s will.

Last edited:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 116 74.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back