How to get goni to extend

BudgetR33f

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my goni around 3 weeks ago, but i never really got it to extend past 1 inch or so max. It’s in low light, and medium-high flow. No way of testing alk/calc right now but my PH is around 8. My hammers and zoas are doing pretty good if that helps. Any and all advice appreciated

IMG_2191.jpeg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks fine to me, this one's only got one inch, thats ok, its not the size that matters ;)

I have the same one that extends the same amount, I have 7 goni's and they all extend different lengths, some one inch, some 3 inches, my longest extends about 7-8 inches.

I believe they are not the same species, meaning they are different species in the same coral family. I'm just guessing, but regardless, yours is a short stem goni, it won't extend further.

OP
OP
BudgetR33f

BudgetR33f

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks fine to me, this one's only got one inch, thats ok, its not the size that matters ;)

I have the same one that extends the same amount, I have 7 goni's and they all extend different lengths, some one inch, some 3 inches, my longest extends about 7-8 inches.

I believe they are not the same species, meaning they are different species in the same coral family. I'm just guessing, but regardless, yours is a short stem goni, it won't extend further.
Ok thanks!

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need to get the nitrate up for the Goni. I keep mine around 20ppm. Your Zoa’s will appreciate it too.

OP
OP
BudgetR33f

BudgetR33f

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need to get the nitrate up for the Goni. I keep mine around 20ppm. Your Zoa’s will appreciate it too.
Ok. Could you let me know the best way to do that? Thanks for the info btw!

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some of mine took months, I wish I could answer…I saw this posted and came here wanting to know also as mine all of a sudden exploded.
…Pardon the blue, Red Sea lights aren’t that fluid when it comes to changing …
Again they JUST did this a few days ago …only change was higher ORP …which makes no sense

image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
BudgetR33f

BudgetR33f

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some of mine took months, I wish I could answer…I saw this posted and came here wanting to know also as mine all of a sudden exploded.
…Pardon the blue, Red Sea lights aren’t that fluid when it comes to changing …
Again they JUST did this a few days ago …only change was higher ORP …which makes no sense

image.jpg image.jpg
Glad to see I'm not alone Nice photos/corals though!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 46 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 160 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back