How to lock down a lid?

207Meg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is innovative marine, and have innovative marine manufactured lid to go with it. Fish is a blue spotted jawfish. Problem child doesn't begin to describe the fish. First night managed to squeeze between lid and back panel of tank to get into the back chambers, he lived there for a couple of days till was able to catch him with a fish trap. I have blocked that gap with plexiglass and magnets (saltwater safe-coated). The first night back in main part of tank,manages to jump and hit the screen lid enough times that it comes loose and he makes it out and lands on the floor. I was in the room at the time and immediately got him back in the tank. Currently I have taped the screen lid to the tank and holding it down with a couple of rocks for extra weight and security. So far he has not been able to get out, though he keeps trying. What would be a better way of securing or locking the lid down to the tank so he can't pop it off and get out? He is not getting harassed, pair of juvenile occelaris clowns a quarter of his size are the only other fish, snails, and two dwarf blue legged hermit crabs are company. Any ideas for securing the lid?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is innovative marine, and have innovative marine manufactured lid to go with it. Fish is a blue spotted jawfish. Problem child doesn't begin to describe the fish. First night managed to squeeze between lid and back panel of tank to get into the back chambers, he lived there for a couple of days till was able to catch him with a fish trap. I have blocked that gap with plexiglass and magnets (saltwater safe-coated). The first night back in main part of tank,manages to jump and hit the screen lid enough times that it comes loose and he makes it out and lands on the floor. I was in the room at the time and immediately got him back in the tank. Currently I have taped the screen lid to the tank and holding it down with a couple of rocks for extra weight and security. So far he has not been able to get out, though he keeps trying. What would be a better way of securing or locking the lid down to the tank so he can't pop it off and get out? He is not getting harassed, pair of juvenile occelaris clowns a quarter of his size are the only other fish, snails, and two dwarf blue legged hermit crabs are company. Any ideas for securing the lid?
Maybe try a glass lid? Thats what I went with when I got eels and they cant lift it at all

OP
OP

207Meg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point. I can try that. I can cut the glass lid easy enough. What would be a good way to connect it to the tank. Are there plastic brackets?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back