how to

Doompastew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I have been reefing on and off since the 90s. I have just started again after a 10 year break. My oh my, how technology has changed in this hobby. Needless to say, I am playing catch up in a big way. As always, Reef2Reef is the bible of information in my book. I have been pouring through new and old threads to answer some of my questions. I tried to find a "how to" section but haven't come across one yet. What I mean is, if I want to know something such as...how to use 2 part dosing, or how to care for favia, zoas and so on. Searching these subjects can be challenging. Is there a how-to section?
C yinz around

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I have been reefing on and off since the 90s. I have just started again after a 10 year break. My oh my, how technology has changed in this hobby. Needless to say, I am playing catch up in a big way. As always, Reef2Reef is the bible of information in my book. I have been pouring through new and old threads to answer some of my questions. I tried to find a "how to" section but haven't come across one yet. What I mean is, if I want to know something such as...how to use 2 part dosing, or how to care for favia, zoas and so on. Searching these subjects can be challenging. Is there a how-to section?
C yinz around
Welcome!
There is a few pinned posts or articles. but most things are on a search. (Secret... use google to do the search, it is better in a lot of cases) I believe the powers that be, want to have people ask questions to keep things relevant.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0765.jpeg

JustMarks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back and happy reefing
C yinz around

ukgeoff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely on the same page with you about the tech stuff – it’s like witchcraft . I’ve fallen down so many rabbit holes, gobbling up articles, reviews, hot takes, and feedback that sometimes my brain has turned into a bit of a sea sponge lol.

My tank's just over 2 years old, and I swear, if it weren't for the wisdom on reef2reef, it might have turned into an underwater desert by now. Hats off to the information on here, it's made keeping my tank a whole lot easier. Good luck with yours, and may the force be with you, young Jedi!

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C yinz around
Welcome to R2R! Yes! I was the same after a 17 year break! I am just blown away by how much has changed. I do still employ a lot of old tech ways along with some new. This site is amazing, with great people. And more info than you can imagine. Yeah searching can be tough, like another said, I think they want folks to questions to keep things fresh for all to see and reply to.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
C yinz around
Alot has changed in form of husbandry, filters, lighting, testing and disease.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back