Humidity Control Fans

kdtorgy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lighting is in an enclosed cabinet above the tank. I removed the glass covers and added a mesh cover for better PAR. I am going to add vents to either side of the cabinet and an Ink Bird humidistat to move air through when the humidity gets too high. I need a couple of good fans I can mount inside the cabinet from the ceiling. Cabinet is 48 inches long by 13 inches high by 24 inches deep. Any suggestions for fans?

IMG_2664.jpeg

wil-yuhm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lighting is in an enclosed cabinet above the tank. I removed the glass covers and added a mesh cover for better PAR. I am going to add vents to either side of the cabinet and an Ink Bird humidistat to move air through when the humidity gets too high. I need a couple of good fans I can mount inside the cabinet from the ceiling. Cabinet is 48 inches long by 13 inches high by 24 inches deep. Any suggestions for fans?

IMG_2664.jpeg

The possibilities might be endless. Thermostatic controllers and sealed housing/pressurization/relief for efficiency (roots type blower) vs simple roof evacuation ventilation (heat rises). Solar powered fans (enough light surely exists) .... .
Observed some pretty fascinating tech and creativity at Reef2reef... .
I'll be sure to watch your thread develop!
Enjoy

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use computer fans, Noctua is my brand for reliability and noise. I have two 120mm fans in my stand, both exhaust, and just like every other Noctua fan I’ve had in a computer (many), they are whisper quiet. I can’t comment on the humidistat, I just run them 24/7 relatively low/medium off a PWM fan power supply from Amazon.

Roof ventilation would be my preferred if we did a trading places.
13A644A4-97D2-4388-9B20-823A70222A95.jpeg

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second cheap computer cooling fans. they can be easily replaced when they fail and the cost is only a few dollars. There are many types just compare the cfm flow to get ones that will work well. I use them on my betta tank and a 4" fan drops the water temp by 3 degrees

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these in my shopping cart. Just waiting to pull the trigger.

AC Infinity AIRPLATE T7, Quiet Cooling Fan System 12" with Thermostat Control, for Home Theater AV Cabinets
They have some nice rack gear. They come with a power supply or are the fans just a usb connector? I have a solo fan from them but it’s usb powered.

wil-yuhm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these in my shopping cart. Just waiting to pull the trigger.

AC Infinity AIRPLATE T7, Quiet Cooling Fan System 12" with Thermostat Control, for Home Theater AV Cabinets

AC Infinity makes thermostatic cooling solutions which are whisper quite.
I used these AC Infinity Aircom series rack mount cooling solutions for closed/sealed AV cabinets housing Class A/AB amplifiers. The AC Infinity units help provide increased cooling (my application used Parasound amplification 180amps of current). AC Infinity manufactures rack units optioned for top, front, or rear exhaust which may help for your specific installation besides simple universal plate designs.
The fan speed is variable (noise floor varies) but ambient room temperature is the limitation of fan cooling without some kind of heat exchanger or water cooled radiator.

Last edited:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 117 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back