Hydros WE LE and Icecap 4k gyres (3) inbound

Coach v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 display and currently have 2 old tunze stream pumps on a multi controller and a jebao controllable pump. I get decent flow, but the tunzes make some noise and sometimes don't like to restart. I have had one of them going since 2008, the other I got in 2013. And while they move water, it is a fairly focused blast. I will hang onto them and use them when I upgrade to a larger tank soon (hopefully).

I have always wanted to try gyres and I am well invested in hydros. I have missed a few of the used setups on the r2r marketplace, so when I saw this on a semi-local Facebook reef group for $150 I jumped on it.

My Hydros collective is down in the basement with the sump and other gear while my tank is upstairs. I am planning on running the WE as a stand-alone but could get a long command bus cable.

Is there any benefit to running the WE in my Hydros collective as opposed to stand-alone?

Dbartlett727

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you run the WE in your collective all the info will show up on the status page together, rather than having to switch over to the WE page separately. Unless there is some other benefit I’m missing, I Think that’s the only reason you’d need to put it in the collective it you wanted.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the WE seperately from my hydros. I had the WE before the hydros, and its very expensive, so I didn't want to just put it aside.

I really like the WE app, all the programming and configurations are easy, I don't know if it would be the same directly through hydros

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back