I’m in the dog house.. my crazy nano build

Cleanreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short when we setup my 125 reef tank my wife told me no more tanks this is your last tank, anyways I figured we needed another one for the living room, what could possibly go wrong? I’ve been dropping hints for a couple weeks and got to the point where she said where would you even put it? So that’s my sign she gave in, maybe? She didn’t notice it the first night, second day she saw it and said what.. is.. that..? Just like that anyways here it is

IMG_7070.jpeg

Fiji cube 11 ext only seen one other build on reef2reef and YouTube

I ordered a Fiji cube 12 sump will be here this week!
Also very interested to test out the illumagic blaze x mini heard a lot of good things about that light so far
Nero 3 should be plenty for this tank
Got a controllable return pump for the sump 600gph or so
And ordered all the plumbing from brs that’s coming with my sump this week

Went to my lfs and picked up some wild collected jakarta from indo it’s been curing for awhile and has coraline growing already on it I’ll keep this thread updated I got some big plans for this tank!

Stand is from ikea

OP
OP
Cleanreefer

Cleanreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope your wife doesn't serve you papers next week, this should be an interesting build otherwise.:D
We rearranged the living room she said the only reason why it can stay is because it matches the tv stand lol. Interesting well my light shipped from Australia, they sold out stock in the USA for the blaze x mini. I’ve been in touch with them over instagram and they were kind enough to upgrade the LEDs to the reefer pros the same that come in the x4 lights for the delay, now I’m real excited my sump and everything comes tomorrow so there will be an update and maybe get it running hopefully

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short when we setup my 125 reef tank my wife told me no more tanks this is your last tank, anyways I figured we needed another one for the living room, what could possibly go wrong? I’ve been dropping hints for a couple weeks and got to the point where she said where would you even put it? So that’s my sign she gave in, maybe? She didn’t notice it the first night, second day she saw it and said what.. is.. that..? Just like that anyways here it is

IMG_7070.jpeg

Fiji cube 11 ext only seen one other build on reef2reef and YouTube

I ordered a Fiji cube 12 sump will be here this week!
Also very interested to test out the illumagic blaze x mini heard a lot of good things about that light so far
Nero 3 should be plenty for this tank
Got a controllable return pump for the sump 600gph or so
And ordered all the plumbing from brs that’s coming with my sump this week

Went to my lfs and picked up some wild collected jakarta from indo it’s been curing for awhile and has coraline growing already on it I’ll keep this thread updated I got some big plans for this tank!

Stand is from ikea
I mean, it’s SO cute, how could she say no?
Awwwww Hearts GIF

OP
OP
Cleanreefer

Cleanreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7145.jpeg

Took awhile to get plumbing done not the best at it tbh but I got it done doing leak test now waiting for more rodi to be made shouldn’t be long with my 200 gpd unit makes 5 gallons in 20 minutes I have good water pressure here really impressed with the sump how many options it has

OP
OP
Cleanreefer

Cleanreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7153.jpeg
IMG_7157.jpeg

My wife wanted to stay up to watch her show last night so I ended up mixing the tank up with salt and added the substrate and rock last night, looking super clean! I love this aquascape looks super natural to me love the wild Fiji rocks these sat in my 125 for along time while I waited for the tank and sump to show up next thing I’ll do is wait I guess I need to source some nice fish maybe take a trip next week to my lfs to get some nice clowns or other nano fish still waiting on my light to come

OP
OP
Cleanreefer

Cleanreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7346.jpeg

Light got shipped to the wrong address I had to pickup at the post office but got it on this morning

Put in a clipping of a acro from my 125 and a holy grail micromusa gonna be loaded with high end pieces gonna be slow as I have my son being born next month can’t wait

habetm14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the Blaze Mini? Funny enough, recently ordered one and had shipping issues as well. USPS tried to deliver over a holiday weekend. I asked them to hold it, but they lost it at the Post Office before suddenly returning to sender in Australia. World's most travelled light! It's still circling the globe somewhere a month later, but the Dalua folks have been fantastic with the issue, 10/10. Really excited to get my hands on one.

OP
OP
Cleanreefer

Cleanreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the Blaze Mini? Funny enough, recently ordered one and had shipping issues as well. USPS tried to deliver over a holiday weekend. I asked them to hold it, but they lost it at the Post Office before suddenly returning to sender in Australia. World's most travelled light! It's still circling the globe somewhere a month later, but the Dalua folks have been fantastic with the issue, 10/10. Really excited to get my hands on one.
IMG_7464.jpeg

You won’t be disappointed with the light I really like it the color is so amazing during daytime also having whites the tank looks great I wouldn’t have chose another light I would take this over a radion any day all my corals look so happy still waiting on that Goni to open but acans are so fat

OP
OP
Cleanreefer

Cleanreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue but it was on my end with Shopify it sent the light to my old address lucky tho they make you sign for it on delivery so it didn’t get delivered I got to the old house in time to get the note off the door to pickup at the post office

OP
OP
Cleanreefer

Cleanreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Any fish planned for it besides the clowns?

Looking forward to see it grow out! You’ve got some beautiful pieces in there!!
Definitely. I have two clowns a mandarin and a clown goby, prob will add one more fish a small chalk bass I don’t want to over stock it checked levels today 1-2ppm nitrate and .02 phosphate with no skimmer or macro algae I’m gonna try and keep it super simple and do only water changes for now if things get out of hand I can pull some chaeto from my 125 and throw it in the sump

TruRacr314x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Cleanreefer How is the tank doing?

Is this the cabinet from IKEA?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back