I’m starting to build a red sea reefer 425xl

Boby-reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend gifted me a Red Sea reefer 425xl well it was just the tanks so I been in a quest on getting everything else like the sump the stand the piping the lights etc. at this point I just need the lights and the sump pump ... but my question to you guys and girls. Is two Kessils A80 tuna blue are they good for this tank or do I need bigger lights ??????

CAE94FBE-AD9C-4BB5-8FD5-23BDC9992D09.jpeg

Krully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll be fine for a start but you'll probably lack coverage overall, I have two ReefLed 90 on my 350 and 1 more light wouldn't hurt

OP
OP
Boby-reefs

Boby-reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks mans eventually I’m go into get some AI brand is going to be a mix reef tank hopefully I can do it .....

Krully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read, read and read more! There's so much knowledge available! You'll be fine starting with those two lights it'll give you time to stock your tank before getting more lightning!

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 hydra 26 hd's on my 425 xl and its coverage is perfect, although now you will want to get the new hydra 32 hd's but still get 3 if you go down the AI route

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend gifted me a Red Sea reefer 425xl well it was just the tanks so I been in a quest on getting everything else like the sump the stand the piping the lights etc. at this point I just need the lights and the sump pump ... but my question to you guys and girls. Is two Kessils A80 tuna blue are they good for this tank or do I need bigger lights ??????

CAE94FBE-AD9C-4BB5-8FD5-23BDC9992D09.jpeg
Those lights are inadequate for that tank. If you only have fish they will be ok. As soon as you add any corals the corals will starve from lack of light.
Sell those and get something with much more power.

OP
OP
Boby-reefs

Boby-reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would Be your suggestion on the type of light that I should get?.....

OP
OP
Boby-reefs

Boby-reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 hydra 26 hd's on my 425 xl and its coverage is perfect, although now you will want to get the new hydra 32 hd's but still get 3 if you go down the AI route
I like Ai brand I have a Ai 16 hd on one of my 20 g and it’s doing great....I been in this hobby for 1 1/2 years and still trying to learn more ........what’s the difference between hd and non hd on the hydra 32s

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would Be your suggestion on the type of light that I should get?.....
What type of tank are you planning? Fish only, LPS, SPS? What’s your overall budget?

I can suggest that a good light would be anything in the below list. Some you will need multiples two or three. You can’t go wrong with any of the below. And would work for SPS, or LPS.

1 with two LED lights For instance, 2 XR 15s
or

3 (same as above just no wifi, Wifi can be added later)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 27.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back