I am new to chalice corals give me the chalice 101 lesson!

Jakepen

Few beers and I'll frag anything...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bayer's insect killer. Look into it you can use this like coral RX but it's stronger and more effective. Making the mix to strong can do harm.
Oh interesting. How do you mix it?

Amps Reef Life

That Fish Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh interesting. How do you mix it?

Like coralRX a little with the water from the bag. Like when you dip coral. Only bring the water to look like skim milk. There are a few websites that explain how much and how to use it in full detail. If I can find one I read before I used it I'll PM it to you.

jsbull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had fish and shrimp steal the food from my chalice's but never clean the flesh off...I've got probably 30-40 hermits in my 45g tank, and no damage so far (knock on wood)

OMG. I have like 8 hermits in my 100 gallon DT and they keep it clean (with the help of a few nassarius snails).

jsbull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was fixing to buy a Cleaner Shrimp for my new tank, guess thats out now.

I actually took back my cleaner shrimp because he made feeding my corals so much more difficult. He would run around to all my mushrooms pulling the food off of them before they could close. He just swept it to the sand. Literally saving the food for later.

And, they never sleep! I decided it was that ******* or my corals, so I got a refund.

Z-man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some of the local reefers in my area, including the one who owns a business taking care of reefs, strongly dislike reefroids, do you notice a difference?
I see better colors and the polyps open larger on the zoas. The chalice growth has increased from other food. And the fish don't bother the chalice with the ReefRoids as they would if I feed mysis shrimp. Why do they not like the ReefRoids?

burtbollinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a Pink ******* and a Bubblegum Monster from WWC....is best bet to start them both on the sand bed and slowly work up? Final placement is about 3"-4" off the sand bed.

Lighting is Nanobox Duo set to 80 blues, 25 whites...over a Red Sea Reefer 170

Lninwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flesh of one of my chalices (hills have eyes) has started pulling away from its skeleton. I've had it for about 9 months.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.4%
Back