I had to...

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never really been a fan of the Laboutei wrasse coz I always thought they were just plain looking... what I wasn't prepared for was seeing this SuperMale in person... I didn't stand a chance when I saw it.. I don't really know how to describe the color of this fish.. it has a flourescent bluish shimmer and the lines are also shimmery.. man, you guys just need to see one in person... I'm loving this new addition.. here's some crappy pics I took on his 2nd day in the tank..

he was timid on the first day but came out for a few minutes to eat some mysis.. 2nd day was a better day for him because he was hangin' out with his new buddies... but he's chased around by the Hooded wrasse once in a while.. it's weird because the Laboutei and Hooded aren't anywhere close to coloration and body shape.. they are close to size though so that might have something to do with the slight aggression (or are they just playing around).. I'm also glad that this fish stays fairly small, maximum size is around 3", which the size he is now..

anyway, that's a long enough intro.. here he is...

Laboutei1_03-24-07.jpg

Laboutei2_P.jpg

Laboutei3_P.jpg

notice the blue on top of his head, the people I talked to that likes F&F wrasses also said they haven't seen one like this, with so much color...
Laboutei4_P.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang Marv that has to be one of the most beautiful fish I have ever seen! Congrats!

PS. Where do you get most of your wrasse from? I would like a couple in my 39g. :)

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's gorgeous Marvin! I love wrasse more than any other fish type. I used to have 2 canary wrasse and they were a joy to watch. I am dying to remove my current fish (an evil orchid dottyback and a picked on yellow tailed blue damsel) so that I can have one.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang Marv that has to be one of the most beautiful fish I have ever seen! Congrats!

PS. Where do you get most of your wrasse from? I would like a couple in my 39g. :)

hahaha.. it's a disease called Wrasse-titis.. once you're infected, it keeps coming back even after you get your fix.. LoLz..

I got all of my wrasses from LFS... and one from ultimatefrags -- Hooded...

Thanks Rev.. yeah, I still can't believe how colorful and beautiful this fish is... it's another Aussie like his cousin Liney (Lineatus wrasse)...

got zoanthids?

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice, can we see the hooded one too Marvin? I don't think I have seen your wrasse before......wait, did I say your wrasse.....LOL. Anyways , can I see?

divecj5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow....awesome wrasse Marv. I agree, there would have been no stopping me getting that first one as well if I saw it. Simply gorgeous and that has to be up there with one of the coolest looking fish I've ever seen. Amazing specimen and he looks incredibly healthy. Congrats

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow....awesome wrasse Marv. I agree, there would have been no stopping me getting that first one as well if I saw it. Simply gorgeous and that has to be up there with one of the coolest looking fish I've ever seen. Amazing specimen and he looks incredibly healthy. Congrats

Thanks Adam.. :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Marvin...dude that is one Awesome specimen!! Do you mind telling me where this specific specimen's from...regionwise??

Thanks,
Paul

the Laboutei and Lineatus come from the Great Barrier Reef I'm quite sure...

Thanks Paul and Marcel..

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hotdiggity....one of our local LFS' shipped in a Trial Aussie corals and woowee...the Acanthastrea Lordhowensis and Duncans were absolutely out of this World!! Sorry not to hijack your thread....one of actual shot by moi..
GroupBuy.jpg

We're going to be flooded with more Aussie stuffs for sure...:p

Paul

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul.. you're gonna have to direct some of the flood here.. LoLz..

those are awesome looking.. :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marv that is a gorgeous wrasse! Do all these wrasse's get along?
yes, they are all buddies.. most of the time.. only minor squabble here and there..

Marv...betcha the Aussie Wrasse weren't cheap too...I would love to get the same Wrasse as yours...Blue's my fav color..fish and coral alike!! :rolleyes:

Paul
coolio... let's just say.. I got a good deal.. ;)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back