I have a problem with sump water level

kaccy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have a problem with water level in sump my aquarium is wataterbox infinia 190.5 stock sump problem started when I added reefmat 1200 to system the levels keep changing in return pump chamber and I can’t set auto up the problem is that salanity isn’t stable because of it please help

OP
OP
K

kaccy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As in rollers not blocked is running as it should don’t quite understand what to check in the roller ?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The assumption is the roller is not operating properly causing the flow rate to your sump to vary. Taking the roller offline can help determine if it is indeed the cause.

OP
OP
K

kaccy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The assumption is the roller is not operating properly causing the flow rate to your sump to vary. Taking the roller offline can help determine if it is indeed the cause.
Yeah the level changes when the fleece gets full could it be the rollers setting that is off ?

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is a optical sensor that triggers the roller advance when the water level rises due to less flow through the dirty roll … is that sensor seated/ installed/ oriented correctly?

edit add: I don’t think there is that much water displacement from a 1200 to cause any significant salinity change, even in a small volume sump …pics?

OP
OP
K

kaccy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is a optical sensor that triggers the roller advance when the water level rises due to less flow through the dirty roll … is that sensor seated/ installed/ oriented correctly?

edit add: I don’t think there is that much water displacement from a 1200 to cause any significant salinity change, even in a small volume sump …pics?
I send photos when I get home from work the sensor is installed as it should be and the salanity changes because I caring set the ato right because the water level changes in return pump chamber It changes around 5 cm

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you are holding too much water inside the fleece unit before it advances.
You will have to lower the float sensor so the roller advances sooner.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back