I love these little guys

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was taking pics tonight and this little guy would not stay away. since he was so willing i decided to snap a few. not the best pose but i like how it shows off the design. I swear if it was not for the fact that we have all seen these in person i would not think they were real. the design and color on them is amazing IMO

THE FLASH WASHED OUT SOME OF THE COLOR AND MADE IT A BIT TO RED BUT not to bad though for on the fly

IMG_4933.jpg

Last edited:

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the picture before I real the post and I was like WOW MAMA...where did a Mandarin that color come from...now I know..PHOTOSHOP:feel_good:

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the picture before I real the post and I was like WOW MAMA...where did a Mandarin that color come from...now I know..PHOTOSHOP:feel_good:

+1 tis a green mandy with crazypshop failz.

acanman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to say this but thats a real mandarin... my lfs has/had one...

acanman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my bad i was thinking of these....

Attachments

• red.jpg
    red.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 109

acanman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im thinking of getting one now since my first tank is almost a year old now... have you ever got it to eat prepared food? or just pods?

acanman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
prepared mysis and brine??? just wondering cause im wanting one... and did it take a while to get him to eat preparied food if this is what your talking about? cause ive heard they wont eat anything but pods

OP
OP
EliteReefs

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is far from photo shopped piture. just go to your local shop. most carry them and they are only like 20 bucks. you will see some are more or less green the others. the only thing about this picture that does not look right is in real life is skin is a bit more greenish then in the pic however his flesh is not a deep green. it is a very faded tanish looking color with a hint of green. His slightly different color when i saw him was the only reason i purchased it. I used the on board flash and it washed the green tint out out a bit due to the low 6500K flash color. other then that it is spot on. Trust me. i have been doing this FAR to long to try and be the "cool" guy by editing my pictures. I went ahead and made my original statment more bold in case someone missed it

as for feding. mine eats both live pods and frozem mysid. had him for around 2 years now. i highly suggest anyone that wants one ensure they have a constant source of natural live pods for them. most will die in captivity without them(notice i say most not all). they feed nearly non stop all day long. in this tank he is the only fish so there in no other competition for the natural pods.

Last edited:
Back