I Made A Terrible Mistake...IM NuvoSkim

MeMyFishandI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was having issues with my desktop IM NuvoSkim, it wasn't skimming just making bubbles. I I decided to take a closer look and, well....I wasn't really paying attention to where all the parts came from and attached to and now I have a dissected skimmer that I am only 50% sure as to how to put back together again. I was hoping somebody could take pictures or guide me through my mess. I have two questions really...where does the small clear tube attach to? And which black rubber hose runs along the back of the skimmer and which one runs to the bubbler silencer thingamajig? I believe the elbow belongs at the top and is the go between of the body hose and the silencer thingamajig hose. the motor, round piece and the housing I know they go but then where does the black hose thing end up attaching to, if anywhere? Argh. I feel so stupid. What a rookie mistake.

IM Parts.JPG

Kryptonian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That top little clear tube that says "where does this go" probably is a connector for the tubing that goes from the pump itself to the 90 degree black piece near the skimmer cup.

From the lengths, I'd guess the shorter hose goes from pump to 90 black piece and the longer hose goes off to attach to the air silencer.

OP
OP
MeMyFishandI

MeMyFishandI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I saw this, but is that the longer hose or the short hose that hangs off and it doesn’t show the “guts” so to speak. Also, where does that tiny clear hose go?!?

OP
OP
MeMyFishandI

MeMyFishandI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That top little clear tube that says "where does this go" probably is a connector for the tubing that goes from the pump itself to the 90 degree black piece near the skimmer cup.

From the lengths, I'd guess the shorter hose goes from pump to 90 black piece and the longer hose goes off to attach to the air silencer.

the clear piece fits on the hoses but on no other connector, that I can figure.

Kryptonian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 7.33.27 PM.png

This is a guess, but the bottom of the shorter hose probably needs the additional connector near the pump.

It either helps connect pump to hose or hose to 90 degree black piece. There's really nowhere else I think it can go.

Kryptonian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might not be necessary at all. Watching this video, it looks like that clear piece can be used instead of the black 90 degree piece to connect the two hoses.

I don't think it's the exact same skimmer but that piece looks like the same thing.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back