I needed to ask a question, so it was time to join instead of lurk

upstatefamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I've had freshwater tanks and ponds my whole life and got my first saltwater aquarium in 1999 (a 90 gallon with 2 porkupine puffers) after I fell in love with a white and black spotted one I saw in a new fish store next to my favorite Mexican restaurant. Which I quickly followed up with a reef tank. I spent the next 5 years heavily involved in various fish tanks, then a move out of the area made it impossible to bring them. In 2013 I started a 29 gallon mini reef for my kids after moving to a new home again to watch which we upgraded to our current tank during COVID and added a 50 gallon puffer tank in 2022 (which has just become a not reef safe fish tank at this time). Over my time away from the hobby many aspects have changed, so while I thought I had a lot of knowledge coming back to the hobby I have found it is pretty much all outdated and having to research and relearn a lot. I decided to officially join the forum after I found out that something was lacking in the reef tank preventing me from keeping polyps alive, as pulsing xenia and green star polyps are 2 of my favorites and I am determined to get them to survive & thrive in my tank (and my son REALLY wants clove polyps) and they literally disappeared over night.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back