OP
OP
Miemaes

Miemaes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic dark but appears to be a bacterial issue. Pics under brighter lighting will help confirm as it can also be aggression injury
Yeah he wont come out from underneath the overhang into the light. As soon as I turn my back he starts swimming around

OP
OP
Miemaes

Miemaes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ya, he looks like he’s been in a disagreement.
The good news is it don’t look bad to me.
Mine swam around with insides hanging out, thought he was toast, but he fully healed on his own.
Provided the fight is over.
Keep watch.
Oh my god That is brutal! Good to hear that he recovered. I’ll keep an eye out to see if things change for the better…. if not, any suggestions? He is impossible to catch

OP
OP
Miemaes

Miemaes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any changes in behaviors like not eating, lathargic, or swimming constantly into current.

What size is the “white patch” what shape?

I would dose nothing until we can get some indication of what, if anything is up.

Bumping can also be a territory display.

How long is “recently”
Btw… my clowns are constantly swimming in the current. Is that behavioral or an indication something might be up?

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah he wont come out from underneath the overhang into the light. As soon as I turn my back he starts swimming around
Leave your camera recording and leave the room, then grab some screenshots from the video

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You could consider Ruby Rally Pro - which you can use in a display tank - and has some antibacterial action. A fish trap could be used potentially to catch the fish. Aggression might have been the 'start' of the problem as others have suggested. Since you have more than one fish with similar issues, I would try to catch/treat them in a separate hospital tank - with a broad spectrum antibiotic. Did you initially QT them? If you already answered, sorry about that.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Set your cell phone on video mode for 45 minutes and feed then walk away as you must walk away and come back and view video and you’ll have a clue who it is. Aggressor often a bully at feeding time

OP
OP
Miemaes

Miemaes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 7D73C862-7E9A-4527-96C0-CEA138510046.jpeg
    7D73C862-7E9A-4527-96C0-CEA138510046.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 62
  • FB0FFB10-B495-4764-B731-63AE5ECA1C55.jpeg
    FB0FFB10-B495-4764-B731-63AE5ECA1C55.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
Miemaes

Miemaes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could consider Ruby Rally Pro - which you can use in a display tank - and has some antibacterial action. A fish trap could be used potentially to catch the fish. Aggression might have been the 'start' of the problem as others have suggested. Since you have more than one fish with similar issues, I would try to catch/treat them in a separate hospital tank - with a broad spectrum antibiotic. Did you initially QT them? If you already answered, sorry about that.
No I did not QT which has been a painful mistake that I’ve made. A lesson learned the hard way

OP
OP
Miemaes

Miemaes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set your cell phone on video mode for 45 minutes and feed then walk away as you must walk away and come back and view video and you’ll have a clue who it is. Aggressor often a bully at feeding time
I’ll do this tomorrow morning when they are most excited about getting fed. I did a short video now but still not the best pictures. I did see him dart towards the firefish (firefish did not care). Will post what I have. Thx already for the advice

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is fairly new so I’ve had diatoms which are now disappearing (slightly older pics) I’m doing regular water tests so I think my water is fine. PH 8.3 Salinity 1.025 temp 78 degrees Nitrate 3 Ammonia zero I’ll post a new pic from the tank and hopefully the orchid of he doesn’t dart away
How new?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I’ll do this tomorrow morning when they are most excited about getting fed. I did a short video now but still not the best pictures. I did see him dart towards the firefish (firefish did not care). Will post what I have. Thx already for the advice
Your first suspect. If tank more than 4 months old, reverts back to either water or aggression

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About two months old
And corals this soon? You're about to go through various phases of the uglies, and I pray that you don't lose everything. Curious as to where you got the idea that it's ok to load up the tank this soon?

OP
OP
Miemaes

Miemaes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And corals this soon? You're about to go through various phases of the uglies, and I pray that you don't lose everything. Curious as to where you got the idea that it's ok to load up the tank this soon? from my 6 gallon. I did the same and everything worked out up till now. The two acro’s on top are bold I admit… But I’ve been parking frags in my smaller tank
And corals this soon? You're about to go through various phases of the uglies, and I pray that you don't lose everything. Curious as to where you got the idea that it's ok to load up the tank this soon?
From the experience with my 6g nano tank. I added corals 1.5 months in and I never had any issues. The acro’s are bold I admit but I’ve been dosing my tank to get my parameters the same as my nano where they’ve been “parked”. I’m keeping an eye out for any changes in them and worst case I move them back. My ugly stage in my nano was also never really bad so I’m hoping for the same here by copying what I did there (light schedule etc…) I also check my parameters every other day. Is it that crazy to add corals two months in in your opinion?

OP
OP
Miemaes

Miemaes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Directly into the flow from a power head constantly?
not all the time. It’s mainly the dominant one. It will dart into the flow… let itself drift away and repeats this. It’s not constantly. Almost feels like it’s a playful thing? If that is possible…

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish like to do this also.. but to be clear, when not in the current- does it act/breathe normal? Does it keep her mouth open or stay close to the surface?

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not all the time. It’s mainly the dominant one. It will dart into the flow… let itself drift away and repeats this. It’s not constantly. Almost feels like it’s a playful thing? If that is possible…
Then no concern
As you know, clowns can do some strange things and “playful” is a good description

OP
OP
Miemaes

Miemaes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish like to do this also.. but to be clear, when not in the current- does it act/breathe normal? Does it keep her mouth open or stay close to the surface?
It’s mouth is closed. If the clown hovers near the surface it’s mainly because it’s looking for food where I always drop the pellets or mysis… he/she mainly does that whenever I come close to the tank or sees me nearby

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 37.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back