I think i'm going to be sick...flat worm exit might have just nuked my entire 300G tank.

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to here these things. Im glad to hear your resetting cant wait to see some pix of progress

benpoole28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad story with the makings of a happy ending. First case I've read about where large volume system works against you. I've had 3 crashes, no losses in the thousands but I thought of quitting or quit everytime. Always came back with improvements to my system and more knowledge about something I love doing.

rosshamsandwich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flatworm Exit didn't nuke your tank, I assure you. I dosed 150% the dose in order to make sure I killed all the flatworms. Read and Followed all the instructions. Stunned my copepods but they bounced back. All fish are fine, snails, inverts are all fine.

Bottom line: You didn't follow the instructions. Don't blame it on Flatworm Exit. I don't like your title because it incorrectly shifts the blame to Flatworm Exit.

OP
OP
2Wheelsonly

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flatworm Exit didn't nuke your tank, I assure you. I dosed 150% the dose in order to make sure I killed all the flatworms. Read and Followed all the instructions. Stunned my copepods but they bounced back. All fish are fine, snails, inverts are all fine.

Bottom line: You didn't follow the instructions. Don't blame it on Flatworm Exit. I don't like your title because it incorrectly shifts the blame to Flatworm Exit.

Way to bump an old thread; also it was noted and accepted in the thread earlier. I reacted in the heat of the moment and as I relaxed I realized I made a mistake in the thread and could not edit the title. My warning still stands thought, people should be very careful with this product as the flatworms are extremely toxic. I followed the directions perfectly so you're wrong on that one. As mentioned in this lengthy thread I sucked up all flatworms I could possibly see knowing the dangers of FWE (I used it on an old system with success). What I didn't realize was how many flatworms were deep in the rocks of this system...they were VERY well hidden and all the carbon in the world would not have prevented this. This is why I say be careful, it's not as easy as sucking up all you can and making sure to run carbon as the box says, it's much more than that.

Don't act like a pompous high and mighty by coming here and scolding me like some mom yelling at her child. If you're gonna bump it, try to at least read it. If you read it, learn to read better. You instantly assumed incorrectly I didn't follow instructions; adults don't talk to other adults like that. I find it very ironic you tried to scold me based on an assumption about not reading instructions when your assumption isn't even correct because you didn't read the thread. :)

**EDIT**:

I am also happy to report, my tank has bounced back and it is better than ever. Out of 120 new SPS frags all are doing very well and have had 0 death rate. Already have some colonies and mini colonies. Simplified my process (no carbon, no GFO, no Vodka) invested heavily into QT and upgraded my lighting.

It also inspired me to rebuild my fish room. I took this setback as an effort to change my behavior/process/equipment/husbandry.

BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited:

rosshamsandwich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then change your title. Have the moderator change it. Change your OP as well. It still says "flatworm exit might have just nuked my tank." You are giving Flatworm Exit a bad name. You owe Flatworm Exit an apology for spreading misinformation as far as I'm concerned. You don't sound repentant at all for doing what you did. You're the one that is in the wrong for continually perpetuating the myth that Flatworm Exit nukes peoples' tanks when it's user error all along.

OP
OP
2Wheelsonly

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then change your title. It still says "flatworm exit might have just nuked my tank." You are giving Flatworm Exit a bad name. You owe Flatworm Exit an apology for spreading misinformation as far as I'm concerned. You don't sound repentant at all for doing what you did. You're the one that is in the wrong for continually perpetuating the myth that Flatworm Exit nukes peoples' tanks when it's user error all along.
I can't edit the title. As mentioned, i'd edit it if I could.
Sorry I offended you and your 4 dollars of stock you own in FWE. :)

rosshamsandwich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then get a moderator to change it. and change the Original post. You are telling me you can't edit your original post to explain what you did and how sorry you are to Flatworm Exit for besmirching their name? You are the one that acted in the heat of the moment, "you angry little man," and made this thread blaming Flatworm Exit. They have done everything including a very detailed instruction booklet that talks about the toxins of the body juices of the flatworms and what YOU needed to do to prepare for it. And yet, you are such a genius that you still decided to write a negative post about the Flatworm Exit? You don't seem sorry at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then get a moderator to change it. and change the Original post. You are telling me you can't edit your original post to explain what you did and how sorry you are to Flatworm Exit for besmirching their name? You are the one that acted in the heat of the moment, "you angry little man," and made this thread blaming Flatworm Exit. They have done everything including a very detailed instruction booklet that talks about the toxins of the body juices of the flatworms and what YOU needed to do to prepare for it. And yet, you are such a genius that you still decided to write a negative post about the Flatworm Exit? So I ask you, who is the dummy? You don't seem sorry at all.
Who cares. this is a dead issue and OP has explained why he did what he did, not sure why you can't drop it. hey OP I don't like the white cabinets, make then blue. lol come on guys really.

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are telling me you can't edit your original post to explain what you did
Only supporting members can edit posts and threads after 5 minutes past the posting time.

pirate2876

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then get a moderator to change it. and change the Original post. You are telling me you can't edit your original post to explain what you did and how sorry you are to Flatworm Exit for besmirching their name? You are the one that acted in the heat of the moment, "you angry little man," and made this thread blaming Flatworm Exit. They have done everything including a very detailed instruction booklet that talks about the toxins of the body juices of the flatworms and what YOU needed to do to prepare for it. And yet, you are such a genius that you still decided to write a negative post about the Flatworm Exit? So I ask you, who is the dummy? You don't seem sorry at all.

Member for 2 months and already telling people how to post...

OP
OP
2Wheelsonly

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only supporting members can edit posts and threads after 5 minutes past the posting time.

I just became a supporting member so in the future if I ever make a post where I have to edit the title I won't be sentenced to "death by snu snu" LOL

At least this great forum got $25 out of this thread bump of bad memories!

Cment

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You bumped a five month old thread because you were worried about the thread title? It was dead and buried and you brought it back up :rolleyes:. It's obvious you work for these guys or something.
And if this person does work for the company it doesn’t make them look good by treating a customer in this type of way.

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just became a supporting member so in the future if I ever make a post where I have to edit the title I won't be sentenced to "death by snu snu" LOL

hows the tank doing? read most of the pages but any idea where you got the Flatworm from? any pics of the tank with flat worms? and pic now?

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looking spiffy with that orange username ;)

Normally I wouldn't condone the appeasement of such an aggressive opinion and egregious demands, especially when it involves money, but I think you made a good choice. Add stuff like "Edit: I have now learned that...." to your original posts so if others come along to see what happened they can follow your journey through this process from both the original standpoint and your knew understanding :)

P.S. there's a supporter's only forum, check it out ;)

OP
OP
2Wheelsonly

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hows the tank doing? read most of the pages but any idea where you got the Flatworm from? any pics of the tank with flat worms? and pic now?

The tank is doing great, once I settled down and used this as yet another learning experience to make me better I realized my biggest issue was not having a proper QT for EVERYTHING going into my tank. All my corals are doing great and my rocks are starting to fill up quickly; I recently upgraded my LED to G4 Pros and things have been excellent thus far (knock on wood). I have a new strict water change schedule and keep dosing/chemicals to a bare min. I was slowly putting together a rebuild thread and have not had a chance to get pictures up yet.

This hobby can be painful at times but when you do have pain you learn a lot from it. It's the ultimate truth that experience is king in this hobby!

OP
OP
2Wheelsonly

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking spiffy with that orange username ;)

Normally I wouldn't condone the appeasement of such an aggressive opinion and egregious demands, especially when it involves money, but I think you made a good choice. Add stuff like "Edit: I have now learned that...." to your original posts so if others come along to see what happened they can follow your journey through this process from both the original standpoint and your knew understanding :)

P.S. there's a supporter's only forum, check it out ;)

Edited my original post for future searchers to learn from my mistake and realize there wasn't a poison in the actual FWE; I just had a poorly worded title. :)

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back