I think my Acan is eating my torch

FishTrader

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 days ago the head of my torch popped completely off. There wasn't any indication of brown slime and I haven't seen anything messing with it other than the occasional clown hosting. The head spent all day yesterday on the floor of the tank and now this morning I found it and it appears to be being eaten by an Acan bowerbenki. I don't know what to do other than wait it out.
1000003196.jpg
1000003195.jpg

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
head popping is a “thing” with euphillias, it’s happened to me….there are a few threads on it…
As for stinging battles my bets would’ve been on the torch winning but I just witnessed my bowerbanki zapping a acan so I dunno…but check out the head popping threads regardless

OP
OP
FishTrader

FishTrader

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
head popping is a “thing” with euphillias, it’s happened to me….there are a few threads on it…
As for stinging battles my bets would’ve been on the torch winning but I just witnessed my bowerbanki zapping a acan so I dunno…but check out the head popping threads regardless
thanks, I will update this thread with the results.

jeanjo85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hammer coral that has grown so much now it's reaching my Acanthastrea echinata and from time to time I see them skirmish but it is usually the acan that seems to have the upper hand. I would use a turkey baster and pull the torch out of there, not sure you can save it though.

jeanjo85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been doing reef tanks since 2009 and I am on my 4th tank now. In my experience, clownfish always eventually host the bubbletip anemone as long as there is one in the tank, it might take them longer than expected.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back