ICP Analysis After Water Change

Nathaniellund17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got some results back from an ICP analysis, and was hoping to get some thoughts. I tested this right after a water change with a 180 gallon display and a 70 gallon sump. I use Tropic Marin Pro Reef Salt Mix. I suppose I'm surprised by a number of the trace elements such as Sr, Cr, Fe, I, and Ni being low. Is this something I should be worried about? I'm a bit surprised by the Magnesium as that has been testing high for a while using Salifert testing. I've stopped dosing Mg, and am surprised it's still as high as it is... I imagine the Mg in the salt mix is high as well and my coral just aren't using it? Would welcome other thoughts everyone has.

Attachments

• test-result-SW4C-01025.pdf
    37.5 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
N

Nathaniellund17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have macroalgae? That can suck up nutrients. Dosing a supplement would help
Thanks for the reply. Are stating the macroalgae can suck up the trace elements. I suppose my concern is that a number of trace elements are too low. I do use an algae scrubber - but have cut that down a lot as it appeared it was taking out too many nutrients.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 184 73.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back