killerinstinct

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I dipped some zoas in Bright-well Aquatics Koral MD cause I found some tiny critters on the rock of the zoas. Not sure what type of pest these are or how to get red of them since the dip did not kill them. Can you help me ID these pest. They have a pair of white antennas. Also found them in some Sps of mine as well.

IMG_0883.jpeg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be spionid worms. Do they quickly retract when you touch them? If they are spionids they are incredibly difficult to get rid of.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what type of pest these are or how to get red of them since the dip did not kill them. Can you help me ID these pest. They have a pair of white antennas. Also found them in some Sps of mine as well.
Yeah, those are coral-boring spionid worms; it looks like yours are already booming in population, which is really unfortunate:

Aznkid7700

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I dipped some zoas in Bright-well Aquatics Koral MD cause I found some tiny critters on the rock of the zoas. Not sure what type of pest these are or how to get red of them since the dip did not kill them. Can you help me ID these pest. They have a pair of white antennas. Also found them in some Sps of mine as well.

IMG_0883.jpeg
Those have a tube like outer and inside they pop out with the antennas sticking out. I don't know the name of them but I had them on some frags I got and I killed the 6 or 7 by just taking the whole coral off the plug or if it was a rock that a mushroom was sitting on I glue the whole rock and now I don't have any left they are all dead.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back