ID help

A-10reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know names are just names, but my curosity is still getting the better of me. I got a few frags that were closed, but now im trying to figure out what they are. Ive searched zoanthid.com zoabrary etc and still kind of baffled.

1st looks like fruit loops but the orange center is throwing me off. Kind of looks like a bam bam with a bright yellow ring. Also small polyp, you can see a rasta by it.
20231019_154904.jpg

Second one is a complete mystery. They have been coloring up a little more showing pink in the skirts. Maybe have to wait a little more to see if they change but any help would be appreciated
20231019_154858.jpg

20231019_154904.jpg

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
First is a fruit loop, sometimes they just get that orange inside, more often than its a maturing polyp and it goes away of the course of time. The second is likely a pink and gold/pandora... you likely won't find an exact 1:1 match on google images since there's so many morphs that fall under that name. However, I believe that's likely a correct ID on 2.

OP
OP
A-10reefer

A-10reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First is a fruit loop, sometimes they just get that orange inside, more often than its a maturing polyp and it goes away of the course of time. The second is likely a pink and gold/pandora... you likely won't find an exact 1:1 match on google images since there's so many morphs that fall under that name. However, I believe that's likely a correct ID on 2.
Thanks, im going to check it out. Interesting about fruit loops. I have different types of zoas that have sprouted new polyps and grown out while these just sit there lol so didnt even think about these maturing. I guess they didnt get the memo haha

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back