Id of this crap in lobophillya?

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nop, it's not marked as a coral dip.

This is the link --> https://www.naturalheroes.nl/produc...YV9k6TqYbmWNr4xXauqO6N4ohOmkfhJRoCaHIQAvD_BwE

"This Lugol's Iodine consists of 85% distilled water, 10% potassium iodide and 5% lodine"

Thanks so much for the help!
The closest I can find that may help you is If you translate brighwell aquatics iodine dip instructions to your concentration, (we may need @Randy Holmes-Farley for this) what I can find is its 14.4÷(ppm that 1ml would raise per gallon) so brightwells is a %12 solution which raises 1 gal by 34ppm per ml, so doing some math a %5 solution will raise one gallon by 13.3 ppm, so you'd add 14.4/13.3 or roughly 1.11 ml per gallon (@Randy Holmes-Farley is that right?)
Screenshot_20240403_082941_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The closest I can find that may help you is If you translate brighwell aquatics iodine dip instructions to your concentration, (we may need @Randy Holmes-Farley for this) what I can find is its 14.4÷(ppm that 1ml would raise per gallon) so brightwells is a %12 solution which raises 1 gal by 34ppm per ml, so doing some math a %5 solution will raise one gallon by 13.3 ppm, so you'd add 14.4/13.3 or roughly 1.11 ml per gallon (@Randy Holmes-Farley is that right?)
Screenshot_20240403_082941_Samsung Internet.jpg
Wait a minute.... I just checked this and brightwells says %5 guaranteed min but BRS says %12 min...
Screenshot_20240403_084629_Bulk Reef Supply.jpg

OP
OP
Gabbone

Gabbone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They make it complicated but I’ll follow the brightwell website

OP
OP
Gabbone

Gabbone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I am gonna use the solution as a dip. I’ll use 1 liter of tank water.

OP
OP
Gabbone

Gabbone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reefkeepers Archive I believe I just find out who's the real responsible for this mess....

My tiger cowrie, pulling pieces of flesh from the poor lobo.... that's why he was shi**ing so much during the day.

I declare the cowrie guilty :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: I think I'll rehome this big guy very soon...

IMG_1242.jpg

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reefkeepers Archive I believe I just find out who's the real responsible for this mess....

My tiger cowrie, pulling pieces of flesh from the poor lobo.... that's why he was shi**ing so much during the day.

I declare the cowrie guilty :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: I think I'll rehome this big guy very soon...

IMG_1242.jpg
Yep, to my knowledge cowries aren't reef safe ( though tigers are usually the better ones, @ISpeakForTheSeas?)

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, to my knowledge cowries aren't reef safe ( though tigers are usually the better ones, @ISpeakForTheSeas?)
I've heard mixed but generally negative things on Tiger Cowrie (Cypraea tigris) reef-safeness. The only ones I've heard of being consistently safe at this point are the Money Cowrie (Monetaria moneta) and the Gold Ring Cowrie/Ringed Money Cowrie (Monetaria annulus).

OP
OP
Gabbone

Gabbone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I also have a Money Cowrie and the Gold Ring Money Cowrie and they are both safe. They don't bother anyone, graze on rocks, glass and sand in the night. Very peaceful creatures.

When I took the tiger cowrie, I didn't really care about the fact that was safe or not because the time I would have add corals looked far but then I packed my tank haha. However the tiger cowrie is my favourite snail ever. Is very satisfying to watch, does an amazing job. My tiger cowrie was able to deep clean the whole back glass (pvc) of my tank in a night. Crazy cleaners...

OP
OP
Gabbone

Gabbone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lobo looks quite bad today, should I removed it before spread some bacteria?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back