ID please?

rsaylor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still new to all this. Picked these up and not really sure of their names. The bottom two photos are the same frag.

Thanks!

IMG_20210716_113351.jpg IMG_20210716_113319.jpg IMG_20210716_113340_Bokeh.jpg

zoaprince

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
red ones are Magicians.
Bottom frag is a mix of Pandora (pink purple skirt/gold face), Gatorade (orange skirt/greenish blue face), and possibly Blueberry Fields (green skirt/blue face), thought I'm not positive as it's hard to see them.

OP
OP
R

rsaylor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was amazingly quick! Thanks so much and please let me ask a couple follow up questions.

So the magicians are zoa right?

And the others are palys? If these are, I plan on using them on a little rock island.

I honestly thought both were plus because of how long they are extended.

I would love to use the magicians for a vertical rock but since I thought they were palys so I was afraid they would take over. Any issues using them on that vertical section of my rock work?

OP
OP
R

rsaylor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! They come out of quarantine tomorrow and I can't wait to get them under better lights in my display tank!!

zoaprince

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was amazingly quick! Thanks so much and please let me ask a couple follow up questions.

So the magicians are zoa right?

And the others are palys? If these are, I plan on using them on a little rock island.

I honestly thought both were plus because of how long they are extended.

I would love to use the magicians for a vertical rock but since I thought they were palys so I was afraid they would take over. Any issues using them on that vertical section of my rock work?
we (hobbyiests) don't know for sure if they are zoas or palys, but they all look like zoas to me. Both zoas and palys can have long stalks. A sure fire way to identify a paly is the stalk can incorporate substrate.

Out of the zoas you have, the Pandora (pink + purple skirt with gold face) is the fastest grower. It is notorious for being a fast grower and taking over things quickly.

OP
OP
R

rsaylor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info sir! I was planning on putting The magicians onto my existing zoa garden area. And not knowing that the Pandora and that group is fast growing I was going to end up putting them on their own Rock Island anyways so I'll for sure make that happen!

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The magicians I have are average growers. I’ve had them for about 6 months, and they started as 1 polyp. I don’t see them overtaking a tank any time soon! But with any red and teal Zoa/Paly being labeled magician, I imagine there are different morphs with differing growth rates :)

Attachments

• F726A9EC-35AD-4D17-963E-0BC9EF53F001.jpeg
    F726A9EC-35AD-4D17-963E-0BC9EF53F001.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 27

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back