Idea for a phyto drip system

Aiden Parker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an idea for a phyto drip system. I am considering trying to make it when I have more time to devote to it. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

PHTYO DRIP SYSTEM IDEA.png

singleshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice idea, question tho. How do you intend to keep the phytoplankton from crashing? Or will you run through that much in a 10-15 day period and have another batch waiting. I've never grown my own phyto ( going to just haven't) but doesn't the culture start crashing around the 15-17 day mark unless more fertilizer is added?

OP
OP
A

Aiden Parker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice idea, question tho. How do you intend to keep the phytoplankton from crashing? Or will you run through that much in a 10-15 day period and have another batch waiting. I've never grown my own phyto ( going to just haven't) but doesn't the culture start crashing around the 15-17 day mark unless more fertilizer is added?

When it reaches the point when you add more water, you would also add some more fertilizer. I've grown phyto before and it's very easy. You could have several reactors, each with a different species of phyto. That would be very cool.

singleshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it reaches the point when you add more water, you would also add some more fertilizer. I've grown phyto before and it's very easy. You could have several reactors, each with a different species of phyto. That would be very cool.

Having different species going at once would be very cool indeed. I might have to do that on my upgrade

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back