ideas for 75 gallon reef

jimmybling31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning setting up my 75 gallon tank as a reef. does anyone have any ideas on what I could put in there with my red volitan lionfish. I was thinking a pair of maroons and a couple wrasse, but I am no expert. I would like to have a jawfish in there if it would be feasible. so any ideas for it.

laskopyre

Chuck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stay away from any fish that could fit in your lions mouth. Jawfish would make a tasty snack. I'd go with something larger and aggressive, but then your tank would need good filtration. Most aggressive fish get a tank pretty dirty quickly.

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you have a lionfish, as laskopyre stated, you don't have much choice but to have tank mates that are larger and/or more agressive. That lionfish pie hole is pretty large and will only get larger. If it's alive and will fit in the lionfish mouth, it will end up there. Maximum size for that fish is 14+ in. and it won't take long for a 75 to get a little snug.
Gary

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 122 43.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 135 47.9%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 2.8%
Back